Hurricane Sandy Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, you know what? I AM sorry, BUT, people really are making Mount Everest out of a genetically enlarge molehill in regards to Sandy.

I mean, first of all, everybody's complain about the coverage of Sandy's destruction, saying that it's too negative and too pessimistic: even Deborah Norville on Inside Edition said today they just report it like it is, and she even got emotional today over how everybody is complaining about the coverage of Sandy.

In addition to that, do the people who weren't even affected by Sandy have a right to complain about how negative the impact of her was on those she DID affect? I don't recall anyone complaining about the people who got killed at the Batman Movie Massacre. I never heard anyone complain about the news of entire cities and towns being wiped off the map by those monsterous spring tornadoes that ripped through the south last year.

And what's up with trying to take insignificant things that were results of Sandy, and make them seem like the end of the world? Like for instance, an article I read today, that was basically, "OMG! Science labs flooded and all the lab rats escaped! Years and years of research RUINED!!!" I'm sure even beatnikchick would role her eyes at that.

Bottom line... why has this natural disaster caused so many people, who weren't even affected by it, to whine and complain about those who were affected by it?

Hubert

Reaction score
Though I feel like you have some good intentions here, I'm having a hard time grasping your point. When you say "complain," are you referring to people talking about Sandy, fretting about Sandy, saying "stupid storm!" about Sandy?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Hubert on this one. That and I feel it comes off as a little heartless. However I'm sure your not meaning it the way it sounds. At least I hope so.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
And what's up with trying to take insignificant things that were results of Sandy, and make them seem like the end of the world? Like for instance, an article I read today, that was basically, "OMG! Science labs flooded and all the lab rats escaped! Years and years of research RUINED!!!" I'm sure even beatnikchick would role her eyes at that.
How would you like it if a storm came through where you lived at destroyed things you had been working on for years and years? You'd be mad, especially if you were working with complex things that took a lot of effort to make. Regardless of your feelings on science, that's important stuff gone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I'm talking about people who are complaining that Sandy is all people are talking about, that Sandy is all the news is covering, that they're sick of hearing about Sandy, etc, etc. Like they're, "Yeah, yeah, Sandy caused devastation, we get it, can we have some good news for a change?"

And Charlie, I'm actually talking about about the rats and other test subjects escaping, which, I wouldn't really see as a tragedy quite honestly, but whatevs.

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Hubert on this one. That and I feel it comes off as a little heartless. However I'm sure your not meaning it the way it sounds. At least I hope so.
Go with Hubert? All I did was ask him to elaborate more...I'm not even offering any opinions on his post as of now...

No, I'm talking about people who are complaining that Sandy is all people are talking about, that Sandy is all the news is covering, that they're sick of hearing about Sandy, etc, etc. Like they're, "Yeah, yeah, Sandy caused devastation, we get it, can we have some good news for a change?"

And Charlie, I'm actually talking about about the rats and other test subjects escaping, which, I wouldn't really see as a tragedy quite honestly, but whatevs.
Ah, I think I see a little better now what you are saying. You are complaining about people complaining about over coverage, if I'm correct?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Go with Hubert? All I did was ask him to elaborate more...I'm not even offering any opinions on his post as of now...
I meant I was with you on not getting his point. The other stuff I wrote was just my own personal opinion. Didn't mean the rest was connected to you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sort of. Even more specifically, everybody is like is complaining about the coverage being "too negative"... People, a major hurricane just tore through New York City, and other surrounding areas, and you expect the coverage to be positive?

Hubert

Reaction score
I meant I was with you on not getting his point. The other stuff I wrote was just my own personal opinion. Didn't mean the rest was connected to you.
Oh, see when you said "I'm gonna go with Hubert on this one," it made it sound like you were agreeing with my side rather than D'Snowth's (despite the fact that I didn't have a side). :stick_out_tongue:

Sort of. Even more specifically, everybody is like is complaining about the coverage being "too negative"... People, a major hurricane just tore through New York City, and other surrounding areas, and you expect the coverage to be positive?
Yeah, I see what you're saying now...I always find that people are such hypocrites when it comes to this kind of stuff; they complain that hurricane coverage is too negative, but then when the news doesn't mention the theft on Huckleberry Street, its the end of the world for them...