MSTies unite!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Ah.... Birdemic, how do I describe Thee?
After they all came on stage, they introduced the short they were doing: "Norman Checks In: YES. THAT Norman, From The Manos live special....
Oh god help us. LOL! Everyone, do the catchphrase: "Unnnnnnnhhh."

I hope to catch the next Rifftrax Live in November. Very bummed I missed this one; everyone who Tweeted about it was raving.
-------------

Lola p

Reaction score
Wait, what are they going to do in November?

Princeton

Reaction score
Shout Factory is releasing a new MST3K box set on December 4. It will include Robot Holocaust, Operation Double 007, Kitten With A Whip, and Revenge of the Creature.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just finished "The Atomic Brain" (or "Monstrosity", as it was originally called). Man, that was a weird film. An old lady who wants to put her brain inside of a young woman's head so that she can "make love" (the narrator's words, not mine) again? Yuck. Though I kind of laughed at the idea that just a year before this film was released, Marjorie Eaton (the crazy old lady, who actually does do a really good job with her role) did a TV pilot with the Three Stooges for a series that was never picked up. Imagine the Three Stooges stuck in this movie.

The short, "What About Juvenile Delinquency", is interesting, I guess. Though am I the only one who found it just a tad unbelievable?

The riffs are great. And in this episode, we get not one, but two Muppet references. At the opening of the short, we see an image of an eagle as part of the "Young America Films" logo, and Servo responds, "Hey, 'Sam the Eagle presents'". Later, during the feature, Mike references ABC-DEF-GHI-JKLMNOP-QRSTUVWXYZ.

Incidentally, the last letter that Mike reads at the end of the show makes a reference to Joel being replaced. Of course, Mike doesn't read that part. The gang at MST3K were always careful to leave out Joel references (if there were any) in the letters that they read.

Princeton

Reaction score
Though I kind of laughed at the idea that just a year before this film was released, Marjorie Eaton (the crazy old lady, who actually does do a really good job with her role) did a TV pilot with the Three Stooges for a series that was never picked up. Imagine the Three Stooges stuck in this movie.
Even though the pilot got canceled, Eaton did work with The Three Stooges in one of their feature films: The Three Stooges in Orbit. She also had a small part in Mary Poppins.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Even though the pilot got canceled, Eaton did work with The Three Stooges in one of their feature films: The Three Stooges in Orbit. She also had a small part in Mary Poppins.
Right you are. Though I didn't mention "The Three Stooges in Orbit" because her footage in that one was actually footage taken straight from the pilot. In fact, about 20 minutes of that film came straight from the pilot.

Here's a part of the pilot. She appears at the beginning of part one. Sadly, the complete pilot is lost. However, it was later split up into two short subjects for theatrical release. This is one of them.

I didn't know about her being in "Mary Poppins", though.

Lola p

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering: Does Cinematic Titanic have a story behind it? Because there are some episodes where they are being led in by a guy, and the mention an institute.....

Princeton

Reaction score
I just ordered another Shout Factory box set: Project Moonbase, both Master Ninja episodes, and Magic Voyage of Sinbad.

And hot off the presses, a brand new set is awaiting a release date, but at least we know what episodes will be on it: The Magic Sword, Alien from LA, Danger Death Ray, and The Mole People.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------
DANGER! Sammich! ...nah...just not the same ring to it...

-----------