Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The worse thing is that Kevin's not only Elmo, he's the producer, co-executive producer, Muppet Captain, and the senior creative advisor.

This is an extremely big loss for Sesame Workshop, Kevin has recently become known as Mr. Sesame becuase of all the things that he does for them.

I do hope this can clear up quickly so that Kevin can decide to go back.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Wow... this is upsetting. Even though I don't like Elmo as much as I did when I was little, I've still held on to my childhood dream of meeting him someday. And now, if I ever do get that chance, it won't be quite right somehow if he has another performer. :/ My thoughts and prayers go out to Kevin and his family.

Rugby

Reaction score
I wonder if this is going to affect Kevin's reputation with the other end of the Muppet spectrum as well... don't forget, before he ended up devoting most, if not all, of his time to SST, he was also quite a fixture with the Classic Muppets as well; his involvement with SST has limited his time with the Classic Muppets considerably, so I'm really curious about this.

Considering Disney owns the Classic Muppets, I remember reading a few years ago when David Ogden Stiers came out, he said Disney was, for the most part, a gay-friendly studio to work with, maybe, perhaps, Kevin could use that to fall back on?

Either way, I have a feeling that this may actually end up affecting SST more than we think, not just because of Elmo, but really, Kevin's become almost like the new Jon Stone of the show, with his heavy involvement behind the scenes... maybe Joey can take on a little more responsibility since he's gotten more and more involved behind the scenes too. But again, as previously mentioned, whoever is going to be the new Elmo has some HUGE shoes to fill.
This issue doesn't have anything to do with being gay. It has to do with an underage relationship by an adult much older than the underage person. If Mr. Clash is innocent, his false accusers need to face justice. If it's the other way around, then Mr. Clash needs to face justice. I hope it's not the latter, but this will have to be sorted out in court it looks like. I was saddened and sickened to read the headline today.

Rugby

Reaction score
Kevin was actually doing more with Sesame now than Jim was around the time of his death.
I still think Sesame will be fine and continue. I'm sure Kevin mentored quite a few people at SW as well that will have the ability to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.