Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is very true and I'm quoting it to underline it.

Honestly, who knows what happened? We weren't there. What seems increasingly clear is that Kevin showed poor judgment on more than one occasion (Gay or straight, it feels icky to have a grown man having sex with a person he knew as a child). How far that poor judgment went and did it become something criminal is not for any of us to say.

It was absolutely the right thing for him to resign. It's possible he may have even been pushed from Sesame Workshop. Post-Penn State, organizations have to be super vigilant in making sure to be seen as far away from these allegations as possible.

It's sad all around. I mean, in light of these accusations, can we watch him mentoring the young puppeteer from the Elmo documentary with the same eyes? I'm sad to say that I can't.
It's like I said again when this first broke out. I know that Kevin was a role model and even teacher to a lot of young puppeteers. Regardless of what has happned to Kevin keep working, practicing, putting on shows, making, people laugh. That is what Sesame is going to try to do, and we have to somehow try as well.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
According to a article on NY Daily News, Kevin was on those phone sex lines talking to underage kids.

That's what really shattered my perspective of him for me right now. I can't believe a second person is coming now to accuse him. I mean, why would Kevin do this? And even more than once? It really makes me sad to think about it. :frown:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's like I said again when this first broke out. I know that Kevin was a role model and even teacher to a lot of young puppeteers. Regardless of what has happned to Kevin keep working, practicing, putting on shows, making, people laugh. That is what Sesame is going to try to do, and we have to somehow try as well.
Exactly. Don't give up. Keep on doing what you've been doing.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
this is so devestating i say everyone on MC changes there avatar or profile pic or whatever to a picture of Kevin or Elmo or Both to show we have support til we find out the outcome i think it shows alot of respect its only if you want too

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I feel bad that I didn't change my avatar picture last week, but that doesn't mean I don't support Kevin. I will support Kevin even if he is found to be guilty. (Hopefully that won't happen though)​

SSLFan

Reaction score
According to a article on NY Daily News, Kevin was on those phone sex lines talking to underage kids.

That's what really shattered my perspective of him for me right now. I can't believe a second person is coming now to accuse him. I mean, why would Kevin do this? And even more than once? It really makes me sad to think about it. :frown:
Innocent until proven guilty my friend.

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Then don't It's band enough that one person has come out and done this now more people are going to join the bandwagon looking for more money and get there name in the paper.

Let's also be careful on how we talk about the issue of "abuse" it is a very sesitive topic that many people young and old have sadly suffered from. My hope is that this dose not bring back some issues for people.

inturnaround

Reaction score
Then don't It's band enough that one person has come out and done this now more people are going to join the bandwagon looking for more money and get there name in the paper.
Respectfully, only the second accuser has made his name known publicly. And just as it's fair to say "innocent until proven guilty", it's also fair to not blame the accusers. They may well be victims.

Look, as much as we all admire Kevin Clash's work over the years, none of us really know him and his personal life. One can be perfectly normal at work and professional social situations, they can give to charity and be an upstanding citizen in every other way...and still do something horrible.

We all hope it's not true but NONE of us knows for sure. This is the kind of thing that taints all involved. And it's wise of Sesame Workshop to not have him as an employee right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.