New movies coming out...

Lu775

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Lemony Snicket's Series of U Events...I want details. Deep discusion. Is it good, or sucky? Should I pay to see it in the cenima as a lover of the books? Or should I not?
Beauregard, as a lover of the books, I would recommend you wait for video.
Although the movie was good (I liked the cast, the set design, the feel of the movie) the script cut a lot of plot and character development from the first three books, and added a lot of unnecessary details. (There's business linking all their cargivers together that's farily annoying if you're a fan of the books.)
So, good movie, but not terribly faithful to the books. (Which is unfortunate, because I think the books lend themselves quite nicely to movie adaptation.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah well. Not sure. If it comes to the movie theatre in my town (which only plays one movie at a time) I may watch it. If not, I won't.

Reaction score
They kinda did things outta order, and Count Olaf acted really, well, dumb with walking all crazy and things.

Another thing that bothered me is that, Klaus is taller than Violet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooh. That was a mistake, Klaus being taller. At the begining of shooting he wasn't, but he grew two inches during shooting and just shot (as Stuart Little's grandmother would day) right up.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ooh. That was a mistake, Klaus being taller. At the begining of shooting he wasn't, but he grew two inches during shooting and just shot (as Stuart Little's grandmother would day) right up.
OMG Klaus!!! I'm in love with him!!!!

But anyway....know what film I'm excited for?? MAGIC ROUNDABOUT!! Just for Ermintrude the talking pink cow!! She wears a blue hat...and shes a cow! How many other cows could do that? Any other (probably UK only) people excited?

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I'm curious to hear if anyone has seen White Noise starring Michael Keaton. Keaton is usually a hit with me, but I don't know if another movie about ghosts talking to us through our televisions is really worth seeing. If you've seen it, please let me know.

ceecee

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
I'm curious to hear if anyone has seen White Noise starring Michael Keaton. Keaton is usually a hit with me, but I don't know if another movie about ghosts talking to us through our televisions is really worth seeing. If you've seen it, please let me know.
Well, I haven't seen it, but my local radio dj's were talking about it yesterday. They don't recommend it. I guess a character keeps saying "Get out......get out....." and one of the dj's said how they should have been saying "Get out...of the theater now......"

So that's what I know.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I like Michael Keaton, but I don't know if I want to see it.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Seen the trailers...it looks really scary and I am not good in Scary movies!! Sixth Sense is enough for me!! :wink: Anyone seen Magic Roundabout trailers yet...OMG it looks fantastic! What else....Ocean's 12 which I thought was a good play on Ocean's 11. I never saw the movie De-Lovely and I really wanted to because I absolutely adore and admire Alanis Morissette and she was in it!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Magic Roundabout the Movie!

*laughs and laughs and laughs and laughs and almost crys*

That is just so sad, do they not have any original ideas these days?

What next? A live action Captain Pugwash movie?