What sketches scared you as a kid?

PiLfan

Reaction score
Cookie fan said:
Youtube should post the creepy "Apple tree on top of an Ogre's head video", Man that was creepy to me as a kid! I think I'll still the jitters looking at it.
Can you post the link to that one? I'd really love to see it again.

I've looked throughout youtube using "sesame street" as a search, but I've never seen this one pop up...maybe it's only found using other search terms???

Cookie fan

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
Can you post the link to that one? I'd really love to see it again.

I've looked throughout youtube using "sesame street" as a search, but I've never seen this one pop up...maybe it's only found using other search terms???
I tried looking all over youtube for this obscure and eerie clip with all sorts of search terms but I guess no one has uploaded it as yet. Wait a minute, your user name looks familiar...you've posted quite a few clips on youtube haven't you? If so, its a pity that you don't have that "apple tree" clip. I just would like to see that clip for some closure....CLOSURE, PEOPLE! CLOSURE!:smile:

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Yeah... the odd animation is TERRIFYING! Is it just me, or when the girl is laughing she turns fatter and taller for 2 seconds?
Sure right about that one...I'm glad sees this clip in the same perspective.

Reaction score
Although there were some sketches (particularly the animated ones) that confused me, I dont remember being "scared" of anything on the show. The one skit that came close was the cartoon about a little boy who gets lost and meets a weird dude with shades and a yo-yo who tells him how to get back home. Even watching it today, the underlying theme seems to be "the world is full of freaks." The visuals and the bizarre sound effects, set against a plain white background is the stuff that nightmares are made of. But the worst part was when the boy passes by the plastic house (which I misheard as "plastic cows" only adding to my confusion) and the thing starts glowing and emits an other-worldly grunt. At that point, the boy says, "I don't like it here." You ain't the only one, kid!
:concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just remembered... something about the Muppet segment "Country Mouse and City Mouse" crepped me out as a kid. I dunno what exactly it was.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow...I've just had an experience...

For years, I've had this fear of Butterflies. My parents always told me it was because of a sketch where a Butterfly lands on Grover's nose. I didn't remembered such a sketch, so I figured they must be mistaken.

Then the other day I'm searching youtube and I find a Sesame Street clip about catepillars. Just before it starts, you can see the ending of the previous sketch. And to my amazement, there it was! A HUGE close up of a Butterfly on Grover's nose! And sure enough, I nearly jumped out of my chair!

Lol, I still don't remember the scene, but at least now I know where my Butterfly phobia came from. :smile:

SSLover

Reaction score
Guy Smiley (or My Guiley as i used to call him) used to freak the crap out of me..I still cant look at a picture of him...I think it was because when his mouth would open, it looks like his head is snapping in half....:smirk: :embarrassed:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I just remembered... something about the Muppet segment "Country Mouse and City Mouse" crepped me out as a kid. I dunno what exactly it was.
Could it have been the cat?