Fraggle Reunion

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The Fraggle Rock portions of the episodes were the same (With the Gorgs, Doozers, Fraggles, etc.) but the segments with "Doc" and "Sproket" (they had different names in different countries) were localized. Every episode had the same ending I believe.

I am not sure about the Travelling Matt segments. Were any of those locally produced?

somethingofafan

Reaction score
spazyk said:
Whos finished the series as DOC?
In the U.S. and Canada, of course, it was the same person who started the series as Doc. I was speaking about Britain, and I don't know whether all the Captain's episodes were in the can when he passed or whether they needed to do something different. Any Brits care to comment?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Its hard but have you ever got to see any episodes from rentels?

spazyk

Reaction score
sadly I didn't get to see any of the brittish ones. but I do own alot of the fraggle videos.

Fragglerockkido

Reaction score
heres my two cents lol

Ok well, I think Fraggle rock was the most awsome show that the muppets came out with I LOVED it as a kid, i like would...watch it for hours on end when it was on the disney channel. AND I think they should get the whole serious on dvd and a movie might be kewl. Cause i know this generation reallllly needs something like that. I mean bear in the big blue house is the closest thing with the muppets thats even really muppets.
Anyways Im pretty darn sure that Their gunna come back in some shape or form. Cause have you guys noticed that every where on this site theres is something about fraggle rock? if its not a picture its a link to something fraggle rock, do a search on the site and youll find alot.
Jim henson came out with other shows and such, but their not on here as much as the fraggles are. the fraggles are all over this site, their like...up there with as much as kermit and miss piggy is.
So i..just wanted to add that, and see if any one else noticed anything either. And im super glad that the muppets are back in the hands of the henson family, the company that was running it before was not doing the job that was needed to live up to what the name The muppets means.
Anywho..thats what I got to say on it. And i really am pretty sure , and it might just be a hunch but i am pretty sure they are gunna come out with something with the fraggles again.

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Hoobs is the closest thing Henson has done to Fraggle, although created by different people some of Fraggles writers are consultants on Hoobs - Jocelyn Stevenson for one. There are a lot of similarities which are pretty spooky.

P

Philo and Gunge

Hey, ButchCat!

How much would Philo and Gunge cost (solo, not togther)?

RugbyTiger

Reaction score
UK Captains

When the subject of UK captains has come up in the past, I don't think we've ever got a conclusive answer. Fulton Mackay , the first captain unfortunately passed away after either season one or two. There were then AT LEAST two additional captains......

The second, and this is only from memory (i was about 7, but I'm 95% sure) was Simon O' Brien, an actor who has been in British soap Brookside. He didn't stick around either. I definitely remember an episode with the arrival of another keeper, a much younger scottish guy I think (light ginger hair sticks in my head for some reason). They must have had to change that episode's plot substantially from the US version to fit some sort of continuity in.

I've absolutely no idea if this third guy finished the 96 eps out or whether he changed again, but I DO know they completed showing them in the UK - I was researching from my dissertation at the British Film Institute library and I saw listings for the final batch of episodes (definitely change of address, the honk of honks..) in their tape library catalouge, taped off british tv (itv). The date was 1989/1990 and they are available for screening if anybody has the time and small amount of money to book a private video screening session. I didn't at the time and now my membership has lapsed, but I think this would definitely answer our questions! (there's bound to be ton of other muppety goodness to make it worthwhile joining)

It's quite interesting to note that both our replacement lighthouse keepers were fairly young (20's?). To be honest, the episodes with Fulton seem quite stuffy and old fashioned compared to the warmth that Gerry Parkes brought to the role in the same episodes in the US. I think the change of approach was to make sure they attracted their younger audience more easily.

Since the end of the original run on ITV, The Disney Channel and Nickelodeon repeats over here have always been the US version, probably simply for continuity - I guess you can't really beat Doc!!

If ANYONE (Mike Quinn?... :excited: ) is around to shed some futher light on this it would be great to add the other names to the record. Fulton always gets the sole credit...

Thanks for reading my ramblings; hope they helped...

Jamie B :smirk: