Bear Town

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks! The Preacher was actually built by Marlene Reimer's company Puppets For Goodness Sake. At the risk of “ruining the magic” and say that the church is actually just a series of pictures I digitally manipulated to create background plates - the Preacher was shot against a green screen in my kitchen.

I included your message with a bunch of the feedback I've been getting on the episode so far and posted pics of the background plate and the puppet against greenscreen in my blog this morning.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This was very very very funny!! I really enjoyed it. Voting for God! HA! Can't wait til the next installment!

Muley luvs Bear Town! :smile:

The Narrator

Reaction score
Loved the first installment, Buck! Funny stuff and puppets eating popcorn! :big_grin:

And now for the bad news... :frown:
There seemed to be a few sound issues in terms of character volume levels and through the entire episode (at least, the high bandwidth version) I was only getting sound through the left channel, rather than equal amounts in the left and right channels.

Looking forward to the next sketch! Where are the cockroaches? :smile:

zoetrope

Reaction score
This is an ambitious project. Volume level issues aside, I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
...and a thumb...
Puppets usually only have four fingers. :stick_out_tongue:

Yeah, yeah, you caught me.

Everything looks great, Buck! I dunno if I can watch it or not, though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Puppets usually only have four fingers. :stick_out_tongue:

Yeah, yeah, you caught me.

Everything looks great, Buck! I dunno if I can watch it or not, though.
Oh, I thought we were talking about Andrew. You're talking about the puppets?!

In that case, you're right. 4 fingered discount.

Unless you're the Swedish Chef...

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
OK, I lied. No new episode this week, largely because I have to go out of town for my brother's wedding and before that I have a bunch of non-puppet freelance stuff that has piled up.

I did however post a picture of one of the cockroaches from the second episode in my blog (hit the link in my sig to see it - it's listed under the June 1st entry). I should have some "preview" pics from the episode up later today.

Also working on better compression of the episodes so they're not so huge and easier to download.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
No, not on that particular puppet. Three of them do have practical mouths, but the rest (like the one in the picture) just have heads that pivot using a rod control.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If the roaches in my apartment looked like that, then I wouldn't need to call the exterminator. I bet I could have a conversation with your roaches!

Come to think of it, I have conversations with the ones in my apartment now; stuff like, "DIE YOU SCUM!" and stuff...

Your's looks much more fun!