1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Bear Town

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Still battling some problems with my PC, but if anyone is eager to get an idea of what this thing is starting to look then you like might want to check out my blog (hit the link in my sig) under today's date.

;)
  2. Woo-hoo! That's awesome, even just the rough cut. Tumbles looks great. I think staging the puppets in a fairly immobile shot (sitting on the couch) puts more focus on the quality of the puppetry -- I'm working on a filmette that involves quite a bit of moving around (with live hands puppets) and it's not working as well as I'd hoped.

I like it, and can't wait to see the end result! Thanks for satisfying hungry puppet nerds like me.
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Cool man, cool!!

Maybe you should just go to the local computer store and grab-and-run and get a new computer?

Looking forward to much more!
  4. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Excellent work!

I can't wait to see more!

--SF
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

four fingered discount.
  6. Buck-Beaver

You guys.... :p
  7. Fozzie Bear

...and a thumb...
  8. Buck-Beaver

The First Episode is online

Well, it's done...the first episode is online here.

There will be two versions available - one DSL/Broadband and pretty big (43 mb) and one for dial-up users that is a little more sane (13 mb). The high-speed version may not be available until sometime mid-morning but the dial-up version is up and running right now.

Barring any serious technical problems (and I seem to be having a streak of those) the next episode should be up around June 1st.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Yay, it's downloading now!
  10. All right! Well done. Did you make that preacher puppet? He looks great! Wndorful job with the church set too.
  11. Buck-Beaver

Thanks! The Preacher was actually built by Marlene Reimer's company Puppets For Goodness Sake. At the risk of “ruining the magic” and say that the church is actually just a series of pictures I digitally manipulated to create background plates - the Preacher was shot against a green screen in my kitchen.

I included your message with a bunch of the feedback I've been getting on the episode so far and posted pics of the background plate and the puppet against greenscreen in my blog this morning.
  12. Fozzie Bear

This was very very very funny!! I really enjoyed it. Voting for God! HA! Can't wait til the next installment!

Muley luvs Bear Town! :)
  13. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

Loved the first installment, Buck! Funny stuff and puppets eating popcorn! :D

And now for the bad news... :(
    There seemed to be a few sound issues in terms of character volume levels and through the entire episode (at least, the high bandwidth version) I was only getting sound through the left channel, rather than equal amounts in the left and right channels.

Looking forward to the next sketch! Where are the cockroaches? :)
  14. zoetrope

zoetrope New Member

This is an ambitious project. Volume level issues aside, I'm looking forward to the next installment.
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Puppets usually only have four fingers. :p

Yeah, yeah, you caught me.

Everything looks great, Buck! I dunno if I can watch it or not, though.
  16. Fozzie Bear

Oh, I thought we were talking about Andrew. You're talking about the puppets?!

In that case, you're right. 4 fingered discount.

Unless you're the Swedish Chef...
  17. Buck-Beaver

OK, I lied. No new episode this week, largely because I have to go out of town for my brother's wedding and before that I have a bunch of non-puppet freelance stuff that has piled up.

I did however post a picture of one of the cockroaches from the second episode in my blog (hit the link in my sig to see it - it's listed under the June 1st entry). I should have some "preview" pics from the episode up later today.

Also working on better compression of the episodes so they're not so huge and easier to download.
  18. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

Adorable cockroach, Buck!

Is the mouth practical?

- SF
  19. Buck-Beaver

No, not on that particular puppet. Three of them do have practical mouths, but the rest (like the one in the picture) just have heads that pivot using a rod control.
  20. Fozzie Bear

If the roaches in my apartment looked like that, then I wouldn't need to call the exterminator. I bet I could have a conversation with your roaches!

Come to think of it, I have conversations with the ones in my apartment now; stuff like, "DIE YOU SCUM!" and stuff...

Your's looks much more fun!