It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, blonde penguin??? What are you (luke and Quinn) talking about?
Thanks and have a good day.

Whatever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks and have a good day.
I think they were referring to the possibility of Sal and the penguin being a repaint. :zany:

Irving Bizarre

Reaction score
The Java Mupets could have a repaint too. One versionpainted up like the early version from the Ed Sullivan show. White tube and red 'feet' and the larger one with a tuft of red fluff on it's 'head'. Then the normal version in pink and orange. large one orange tube and pink fluff and the small one pink with orange fluff. Interesting to note that the earlier version had no eyebrows and looks cobbled together while the later version look so much more polished in execution.
If these are what is known as dancing slinkies then the description is a misnomer because they're made from flexible corrugated hose, like you get on air conditioners or large machinery that needs venting. So they aint slinkies at all.

But doing a repaint of the newer version in the old colour scheme would make a nice variant dontcha think? And if there's a third repaint then do them in black and white or yellow and green or something, Just to get a nice mix.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Tux Fozzie, Pops, Nurse Piggy, Dr Bob and Vets Hospital playset,
*Does Happy Dance*

By the way this may or may not be relevant, does anyone remember a picture of Piggy in a Tux, which would be a really kewl one to do.

Jamie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the picture of Tux Piggy posted over on the Palisades forums. Not sure, but I think it was originally made in Photoshop by Irving Bizarre, but I could be wrong on that one.

Oh, and though we may be excited for these lineups... we have to remember that these two lineups are in a state of flux and could always change dependant on the outcome of the fact that there could be a Muppets TV movie next year, which would bump out some of these figures for others based on that potential TV movie.
Sorry to rain on all you guys' parades, but them's the facts as posted by Ken himself.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
The Count said:
You mean you haven't heard about Darlene The Dancing Penguin ? She comes with a blonde wig, podium and Hooters t-shirt. I guess Palisades are still keeping that variant under wraps ! :wink:

Seriously, if Sal does indeed get a threepaint, I would imagine each accessory/pack-in will get some kind of restyle/repaint just like with Johnny. Certainly with the Penguins there are lots of different looks they can be given so people will probably buy a lot for army building. Then as leader of the Penguins I will lead them forth to conquer the world ! Bwahahaha :embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, haven't heard bout Darlene. Though I'd imagine she'd warm up any bird's ruffled feathers on a cold winter night.

Oh, and Luke, I'm sorry to say that you've already been beaten to the whole penguin army world domination scheme. Though maybe you could take some pointers from both Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot's attempts and those of Cronk the former chief accountant of Kaibba Corporation.
Oh, and when I get to her, I'm gonna need your help on designing my female penguin humanoid Numborg.
Thanks for settling that little penguin query and have a good day.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Luke said:
They might not float your boat but I think useless is a harsh word. A lot of people really like the themed variants and both of these are fun ones that are visually very strong and will draw a lot of attention at retail from casual store browsers as well as fans. What makes a succesful action figure is not always a signature look, especially when it's being sold as an exclusive in a non-speciality store.
I think you misunderstand me. I have no problem with themed variants. I have no problem with colorful versions of characters that stand out on the toy shelf. My problem is with variants that seem to exist solely for the purpose of perpetuating the line, rather than giving us figures that are true to the universe of the characters. This happened with the Ninja Turtles line -- at first it was just the regular Turtles, then it was Turtles with specific action accessories, then eventually it became "Here's Donatello dressed as Abraham Lincoln!" or "Here's Raphael dressed as Colonel Mustard!"

I love themed variants that are specific to a famous scene in a TV show or movie. I'd jump for a Kermit playing his banjo. (Yeah, I know they're doing a PVC of this, but I want a full-size figure.) I'd gladly shell out money for a playset featuring Piggy on her motorcycle from GMC. But instead we get "Vacation" and "Scout" figures that have nothing to do with anything.

I like the MTI figures, Koozebane Kermit, Super Scooter, etc. I even have no problem with Robotbuster Bunsen, now that I found out he's from an episode of Muppets Tonight. It's just those other figures that I have no use for. No one should take personal offense at my use of the word "useless"--I'm not aiming it at any person. That's just my personal opinion of a few figures in what has otherwise been a superb line.