Muppet Family Christmas: Official Talkback Forum

Super Scooter

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Y'know what one of the things I really like about MFC is that it focuses mainly on the Muppets as opposed to human characters. The only humans were Doc, who fit in nicely, Santa, who had a very brief cameo, and my favorite, Jim Henson! :smile: I mean, humans are great (like Scrooge and Long John) but it's really about the Muppets! :big_grin:
Huh? When was Santa Clause in Muppet Family Christmas? I don't remember him being in there.

Unless you're thinking of Doc entering at the end dressed as Santa. That's about it, though.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Huh? When was Santa Clause in Muppet Family Christmas? I don't remember him being in there.

Unless you're thinking of Doc entering at the end dressed as Santa. That's about it, though.
lol, well, either way, Santa's there! At the end :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

1claxton1

Reaction score
Unedited Muppet Family Christmas

Anyone out there have a copy of the unedited Muppet Family Christmas that you'd like to trade or know where to buy one? I'm feeling the need. Thanks.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Whoa :eek: You know what I noticed last night while watching Muppet Family Christmas last night? Sweetums was missing from it! :eek: :eek: I find it hard to believe.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Whoa :eek: You know what I noticed last night while watching Muppet Family Christmas last night? Sweetums was missing from it! :eek: :eek: I find it hard to believe.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. My guess is they already had Big Bird taking up lots of space. No Snuffy or Telly (unless I missed him) either.

magik

Reaction score
1claxton1 said:
Anyone out there have a copy of the unedited Muppet Family Christmas that you'd like to trade or know where to buy one? I'm feeling the need. Thanks.
Well I just bought myself an early christmas present of a DVD recorder.. so I can now burn AMFC to DVD.. :smile: Its been sitting on my Tivo for over a year now.. seems to be the unedited version :smile:

Hooray me! :sing:

rexcrk

Reaction score
magik said:
Well I just bought myself an early christmas present of a DVD recorder.. so I can now burn AMFC to DVD.. :smile:
:eek: That's awesome! :big_grin:

Moran9969

Reaction score
My fiance's parents taped all of the Christmas specials off of the TV back when she was young. I couldn't believe all of the specials she had on the tapes, that I had forgotten about while we were scanning them looking for a Muppet Family Christmas. Sure enough we found the unedited version, and watched it. For the last four or five years we had been watching the edited version on the tape I bought, and didn't even realize the cut out scenes. When I saw the version from TV I was shocked that they took out such great scenes. I really hope that they bring out a fully restored version.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We just watched this again the other night, (the more-or-less unedited verson from Nickelodeon a few years back), and we've been quoting from it ever since. This special is one of my favorite Muppet projects of all time. Everything about is it so perfect--hilarious and heartwarming! I remember the first time I saw it, my jaw dropped about a foot when the Sesame Street gang showed up!

wiley207

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
...fit in nicely, Santa, who had a very brief cameo, and ...! :big_grin:
Ida know, it could have been the "real" Santa, played by the actor who does Doc.