vBulletin 3.0: New Style Set

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I think it looks awsome Philip, good job, its going to take some time to get used to, but change is good. I think though that everyone will have problems with it cuz they were so used to the other that they could like function everything on the site, be half asleep/blind and still know where to click, they just have to pay attention now! lol, oh well, geez I disapear for like 3 days, and look what happens! no more 120 rule, and a whole new forum! (in fact I did not know you were doing this, the site was down yeterday, and I had to find out from Fishnwolf and Jedix (kevin and matt) what was going on!) But Good Job!!! :smile:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
It twas not even my fault I was gone! lol, I got banned from the comp for like 3 days, mom did not like that I tied up up the phone line, so she got mad, and well... kinda took the monitor... so yeah, its not like I could have gotten on and seen it anyway... geez I have been on this forum for like a year, never changed (actualy longer, I just was not a memeber) and the 3 days I get in trouble, BANG! everything is diffrent, I think you were just waiting for this... like the parents who send there kids off to camp, then move and dont tell them where they went, or they change the locks... :stick_out_tongue:

smcguire

Reaction score
The first time I visited the forum after the upgrade (today), I was instantly taken to the "you must register to view the forum" page. After I logged in and logged out, however, I am now unable to duplicate the behavior, even after quitting my browser.

This was with Safari 1.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.1.

But if logging in and logging out solves the problem, how are unregistered users going to work around it? :smile:

I'm not sure how I feel about the new forum design. I just accidentally marked all forums as read because the "mark this forum as read" option wasn't very obvious (hiding under "forum tools" I guess).

--Scott M.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
smcguire said:
But if logging in and logging out solves the problem, how are unregistered users going to work around it? :smile:
We want them to register! :big_grin:

But seriously, it sounds like this is an issue with some of the more obscure browsers. I will be sure to let the vBulletin folks know so it can be corrected for an upcoming version.

camillachick

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
camillachick,

Please leave the forum, delete your cookies and then shut down your browser. It's possible that the old/new settings could be conflicting with each other.

Can you please give me the following info?

1. Operating system
2. Browser type (IE, Netscape, Opera, etc.)
3. Browser version number (6.0, 5.5, etc.)
Your suggestion to leave/delete/shut down works only within a certain time frame. If I wait too long to return I am prompted again to login. Here is what you asked for (I hope it's right) on the three computers I use- the problem happens on all of them:

1) safari1.1.1 with mac OS X 10.3
2) internet explorer with windows xp
3) internet explorer4.5 with mac OS 9 (I think it is an OS9)

I can certainly work around the prompt; it is easy to bypass or simply login. I just wanted to make you aware of it.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
We want them to register! :big_grin:
You crack me up, Phil!

I'm not having a problem at all with the quick reply...hmmm....

jediX

Reaction score
I think that's the first time I've seen him use a face other than Kermit... lol