Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

Movies205

Reaction score
All you have to do is think back to all the great sequels that were made with out any of the principal creators involved, like Return To Oz.
May I say that Return to Oz was better than the orignal... It been a while since I've seen it but it is the better movie of the 2...

Also I haven't seen Labyrinth in the longest time but the secret to a good sequal doesn't have to do with the orignal cast, how many years it been or any of that, to make a good sequal it needs to be totally different!

Example, MIIB good movie but it just a rehash of the orignal os not a good sequal

Mission Impossible 2- Great movie tottally different from the orignal, this time he isn't on the run now he is on the good side...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, master editor turned director, Walter Murch, helmed Return to Oz. It was a muddy vision that no one expected. The "Return" part made it seem like it would be more like the classic film rather than the books. It was very interesting either way you look at it.

Movies205

Reaction score
Ya, little to people know that the Return was more faithful to the books and that why I like it... I do have to rent Labyrith and Dark Crystal I haven't seen those movies in a while....

Maybe I'll have a movie <insert day here> with them and the muppets.

That when I watch movies from 9am to 9pm but the past 2 have been horror movies....

melissa

Reaction score
there are heaps and heaps fansites

You should see the fansites and websites decided to this sentional movie. I would say more then dark crystal (sort of maybe)

On our labyirnth boards we love talking about this sentional movie and all the time :smile: and harry potter sometimes. (I am more a labyrinth fan :smile:

opions of labyirnth 2? I said say yes, THEY should!!!!

MELISSA :smile:

melissa

Reaction score
LABBY IN AS A TV SERIES?????

What do you guys think about the idea of an animated movie of Labyrinth?
Or even an animated series?

I think it would be pretty cool!!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Amazingly, it seems like a Labyrinth sequel HAS been discussed recently:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/012803.shtml

It seems like this new project isn't related at all, but apparently it came out of talks about a Labyrinth sequel. Interesting, huh?
That was a rather vague description of things. What in the heck is "Mirror Mask"? The report said it stems from a Labyrinth sequal, but from the wording I don't think it will be. Hopefully more information will be revealed about the film as it becomes available. Hopefully.

-Matt

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
Well, here is a posible scene, ripped from Neil Gaiman's website journal.

"Trying to work out when I go to the UK to do the final shooting script of MIRROR MASK with Dave McKean. Looked the original draft of the script over yesterday for the first time in months and was struck by some bits I'd completely forgotten writing. The oddest of which, in a conversation between our two lead characters, a girl called Helena and a rather dodgy juggler called Valentine, was probably:

HELENA (READING)
"Remember what your mother told you."

VALENTINE
Mine said, it's a dog eat dog world, you get them before they get you, eat your greens, please don't do that, don't embarrass me in front of the neighbours, I think it will be better for everyone if you leave home and please don't ever come back.

HELENA
Really?

VALENTINE
She wasn't actually my mum, either. She bought me from a man.

Not to conclusive of course.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, at least it shows that the story won't be a Labyrinth sequel.

-Matt