Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I personally don't like it when they decided for us because it either doesn't end the way you want it to, or because it just kills the effect of the story or the point they were trying to make with the movie.

Good point:smile:

DirthNader

Reaction score
I just saw the DVD version of Labrynth. I was quite impressed with the behind the scenes look at it. I especially enjoyed the post production commentary by Mr. Henson, who shared with the us that his goal was to make a movie which was able to lift the spirits while at the same time, showing something with meaning. If we were to look at the picture with a critical eye, we would find both the obvious as well as less conspicuous paralells of human behavior lurking within the fabric of the story.

I know, I sound long winded here, but it was how the movie spoke to me that helped me to develope the oppinion of NO, as to the question of whether or not a sequal should be made.

It has been so long since the first one, anyway, for us to expect that a younger generation (which would no doubt be the focus audience) could even appreciate as we might.

Of course this is only an oppinion and I may be underesuimating the youth of today, but there it is in a very large nutshell :stick_out_tongue:

DirthNader

Reaction score
What I meant to say was....."I may be underestimating todays youth..."

Golly, If I'm going to be long winded, the least I could do is learn to spell or somethin' :rolleyes:

Cantus

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about that this the other night, I write screenplays just as a hobby and hopefully will have a future in it somewhere. I started jotting down ideas for a Labyrinth II. Now I as much as anyone hate sequels, but i know there are a number of sequels that have done a fair amount of justice to their predecessors. In my Labyrinth II, David Bowie, now aging and his power failing, faces the threat of another King, not necessary a Goblin king, but a rival non-the-less, I had Scott Weiland in mind, the lead singer for the Stone Temple Pilots. He has a tremendous voice bearing slight resemblances to Bowie, and also has an 'unusual' face which I think would work quite well. Anyway, Bowie sends Hoggle to get Toby, now almost an adult, and is brought back into the Goblin world to bring back a balance of power, Toby towards the end realising that he himself could rule, being the key to a power neither of the kings could match (being why bowie wanted him in the original). Weilands character, having already seized the throne by the time Toby shows up, sends a plethora of creatures out to capture him, and Toby must travel through the labyrinth as his sister did. Along the way he'd meet some old faces, possibly in new positions (kind of like the way Alice met the Mad Hatter and the March Hare again in Through the Looking Glass), along with new ones. But I don't think I'd call it Labyrinth II, I'd be more inclined to give it another title, but have it known as the sequel to Labyrinth, (like Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass). Perhaps as close as I'd come would be Return to the Labyrinth

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh sorry, I don't really have anything to say about this subject. I just saw the name Cantus in the recent posts spot, and I had to say hello. :smile: Nice name buddy. I'd yell and cry that I'm not the only Cantus, but you were here before me, so I can't really do anything but bow my head to you. Be well, fellow Cantus. :smile:

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I love just havin' "Labyrinth". If they made sequels, I'd be afraid it'd turn out like "The Neverending Story"---when ya shoulda just left it at one.
I was just going to say, look what happened with Never Ending Story 2 and 3...*shudders*

However, I would like to see the Skeksis used on something. Maybe a cameo on the upcoming Fox Muppet Show?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
How the heck would that work? I'd like to see them too. Maybe they could be used as bumpers between commercials.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
I remember all the press that went with Jennifer Connelly's role in Labyrinth.

"A special time in a girl's life...not a woman, not a child..."

I think Jim himself said something about it being a time of "twilight."

Jenny was about 15 when they made that. I got her in the recent Vanity Fair. Sad to discover she's "embarrassed" by almost every movie she's made :frown:

I guess you say that kinda stuff after you get an Oscar :wink:

Anyhoo, Cyndi is at a special age, too. She's still cute CuTe CUTE, but she has the authority of a few extra years.

She's make a GREAT Muppety Queen. With singing, too. Yummy :smile:

The Labyrinth itself was sooo big and mysterious, it'd be no problem bringing it back. Yet I fear that the next project will be the "time travel" thing or whatever.

What happened to the "Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made?"

Where's my inexpensive Fraggle Rock movie?

So many wonderful options...why not make them?

:confused:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Re: Re: Good Sequel

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Yes, but rarely. Example: "Toy Story 2". Good 1st one, better sequel. :smile:

But when it comes to classic Disney animated films, NO.

:mad:
actually I really liked Rescuers Down Under and Peter Pan 2. I also liked the first direct to video sequels. starting with little mermaid 2 it went down hill.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've a question about a sequel here...

Wasn't Labyrinth based on a book? If so, was there a continuation of the story in another book?

Return to Oz stunk, no songs, and it was too slow and not enough energy from the actors--they were so blah. The girl who played Dorothy was always acting sleepy to me.

The Wiz gets on my nerves with Ross crying all the time.

I always wanted to do a Wizard of Oz movie that was based ON the BOOK, totally different than the 1939 film, and include the Queen of the Field Mice and all that. The whole thing of Oz being a dream of Dorothy's has always bothered me. In the book, she actually WENT to Oz.

The Great and Powerful Wizard o' FOZ