Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Labyrinth was an original story by Jim Henson fleshed out in script form by Terry Jones. There was no book that it was based on. The novelization for the film was written after the fact.

A more literal interpretation of the Oz books would be intriguing. However, I liked the dream sequence thing in the movie; it worked well with the themes they were trying to establish. (Plus, I always felt it was rather ambigious as to whether or not she just dreamt it.)
Unfortunately, Warner Bros. has abandoned their ideas for an "Oz" TV show and has given the greenlight to "Surrender Dorothy," a sequel starring Drew Barrymore. All that's known at this point is the title, though I would guess it's an ironic tongue-in-cheek version of the story rather than a more faithful rendering. Oh, well, since when does Warner Bros. care what the fans think?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down

Unfortunately, Warner Bros. has abandoned their ideas for an "Oz" TV show and has given the greenlight to "Surrender Dorothy," a sequel starring Drew Barrymore. All that's known at this point is the title, though I would guess it's an ironic tongue-in-cheek version of the story rather than a more faithful rendering. Oh, well, since when does Warner Bros. care what the fans think?
I don't think they do, or they would make new, funny Bugs Bunny 'toons.

On another note, Disney purchased all the remaining OZ books after 1939's movie, which is why they were able to do Return to Oz.

I WISH WISH WISH I could be involved in some aspect of the Oz stuff, companies are RUINING the books and the charm in them. The cartoon that came out of The Wizard of Oz (remember that) was fun, but should have kept close to the books and used some of the wonderful characters: Patches, Jack Pumpkinhead, and more.

Thanks for the info on Labyrinth, I was unsure of the history there.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
If they made sequels, I'd be afraid it'd turn out like "The Neverending Story"---when ya shoulda just left it at one.
Yeah, but if they kept making sequels, it WOULD be the Neverending Story!!!!!!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it'd ruin the magic, unless of course it was done RRRRRREEEEEEAAAAALLLLYYYY well, w/some new characters & some old & trying VVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRYYYY hard not to make it all just a repeat of the same ol' thing! But, Labyrinth was just SOO wonderful that I don't think ther'd really be any way they could go back to that magical place w/o just really messing it up!
.....All in all, being a big fan of Cindy, I'd love to see her do SOMETHING w/the Muppets!
(P.S:I LIKED Hook!)

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
i love the cyndi lauper idea as well! maybe 'a la" some kind of relative of the goblin king (sister, daughter, etc.) and Sara's offspring (maybe toby's too). have them brought back into the labryinth ...perhaps using Sara's old labryinth toy or music box.
....oh.....the possibilities....hehe

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Green Gelfling

Yeah, lotsa nifty ideas...then they always choose crrapola :smile:

Yay, Cyndi :smile:

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
OOoooh!! what about a labryinth PREquel?? learn how jareth really became the goblin king...or how he came to pick sara. Oh my goodness...the thoughts keep coming!:eek:

:stick_out_tongue:onder ponder: maybe i should swith from a degree in graphic design to screenwriting....hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Green Gelfling

I was gonna email you privately, but you don't have one!

Graphic design???

That's what I took!

And you're in the USA?

Run screaming from graphic design:big_grin:

Ah, who knows, maybe it's different in the US :smile:

gemini_princess

Reaction score
Labyrinth 2???

Hey all !!

Hi there im new here,
but i would like to say... i absolutly love the movie Labyrinth, i may be only 17 but im am seriously obsessed! I think a sequal would be pretty cool, but it would definatly need David Bowie in it again, and Jennifer Conolly is a big movie star now, so i dont think it would be too hard to get her in...... Well another thought would be instead of a Labyrinth 2, Why not make a P.C Game, sort of role playing style, like DnD games of some sort, im sure this would be a lot more enjoable then a movie. Well thats all from me, Nice to meet you all, cya!

GeM

P.S Fraggles rule! *YaYz*:stick_out_tongue: :cool: