Muppet Babies reference on Garfield and Friends

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah muppetsforever that is a sweet and heartfelt song. If I weren't so lazy I could go through the DVD and pick out the words to that song...but...I probably won't. Sorry.

I don't get Toon Disney or Boomerang! Ergh! Oh well, don't have much time for TV anyway.

--Klonoa

SNLIM

Reaction score
wow, garfield and friends- that brings back memories of hours in front of the television... i actually remember that episode with the muppet babies reference- and remember thinking how cool it was that i watched both shows and got that refrence... god, i was a pathetic little kid. it's so refreshing to know there are other people who have an appreciation for the old time quality programming of that time. little kids don't realize how crappy the stuff is they're watching today..

Klonoa

Reaction score
All the same, we watched some crappy shows when we were little, too. Go back and watch the old He-Man cartoon. Ugh. And as much as I love Pac-Man and the cartoon, it really wasn't that good. And then shows like Transformers, which I watched religously when I was little, was nothing more than 30 minute toy commercials. --Klonoa

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
To some extent that is true. There is always plenty of garbage floating around for everyone.

However there were also some cartoons that were pretty good.

CBS probably had the best lineup of Children's programming.

Muppet Babies, Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Garfield and Friends, Ninja Turtles {the first few seasons}.

But I mean there were other great shows on too ranging from Real Ghostbusters to Ducktales {not on Saturday's but still}.

You just don't see the budget's in the cartoons anymore. I mean as a whole Saturday mornings on networks have been dead for 10 years now.

I mean if you go from 1984 to 1994 you see some crap but you also can come up with a pretty impressive list of shows that started as well.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I would definitely agree that the quality and budget is not put into it anymore. I mean I was raised on Hanna Barbera and the '80s cartoons you listed and those cartoons were much better (IMO) than today's are.

Erine81981

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I would definitely agree that the quality and budget is not put into it anymore. I mean I was raised on Hanna Barbera and the '80s cartoons you listed and those cartoons were much better (IMO) than today's are.
McFraggle are you buying any of the Old Hanna Barbera cartoons coming out on DVD?

I already have Scooby Doo Where are you season 1 and 2, Jetsons 1st season and Flintstones 1st season. I can't wait for Wacky Races and Top Cat!

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
McFraggle are you buying any of the Old Hanna Barbera cartoons coming out on DVD?

I already have Scooby Doo Where are you season 1 and 2, Jetsons 1st season and Flintstones 1st season. I can't wait for Wacky Races and Top Cat!
I know i bought Scooby and Flintstones. I wanna get the others coming out but there is just too much coming out right now.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
You guys know what else is coming to dvd? Pee Wee's Playhouse, I think both season one and two around the same time! along with Pee Wee's Christmas Specail! All these cool shows and Fraggle Rock next year! I hope this leads to Muppet Babies and the Muppet Show bow sets!

I'm also looking forward to The Looney Tunes Gold collection 2! I might get Top Cat as well.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
You guys know what else is coming to dvd? Pee Wee's Playhouse, I think both season one and two around the same time! along with Pee Wee's Christmas Specail! All these cool shows and Fraggle Rock next year! I hope this leads to Muppet Babies and the Muppet Show bow sets!

I'm also looking forward to The Looney Tunes Gold collection 2! I might get Top Cat as well.
Sheesh Muppet Babies {Though only a few}, Garfield and Pee Wee's Playhouse, along with a release of the original ninja turtles..... I feel like recreating CBS' old saturday morning mega lineup.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:

I haven't yet. I would like to buy the "Jetsons" though. I bought a cheapie "Heathcliff" DVD the other day that had around a couple hours worth of episodes. :smile: