The Muppets on SNL Dec. 18!

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I have been looking all over the net for the segments. Wish there was a copy of the curtain call, my local NBC affiliate decided to cut out half way trough the credits.

gorpid

Reaction score
Loved it!

I for one was very impressed, pleased and amazed at Kermit's gay kiss with Deniro. Derniro goes in to kiss him, and Kermit says "hey, just so you know I'm a boy frog." Deniro replies "In know that", and kissed him! It was grrrreat!

McFraggle

Reaction score
scooter289 said:
Now Kermit, Animal, Gonzo and Fozzie are singing the Christmas Song with Horation Sanz! Sweet! They even had the Muppeteers with their Muppets during the good nights!
That sounds cool, I wish I could have seen it. :smile:

utah

Reaction score
very upset

i was very upset when i saw the fake kermit with justin i wonder how many kids saw that and i rember when jim was alive it was very rare that you saw kermit as apuppet now it is every where you see the pertformers it is sad

T

timrikthegorf

Why would any kid be up past 11:30pm watching snl? Why would any kid be watching SNL at all?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
utah said:
i was very upset when i saw the fake kermit with justin i wonder how many kids saw that and i rember when jim was alive it was very rare that you saw kermit as apuppet now it is every where you see the pertformers it is sad
It was actually very common place to see the Muppets with their respective puppeteers and actually be referred to as puppets. TJHH showed Jim telling Gonzo that he didn't have real hands and showed how he or any rod puppet would answer the phone, there's a thread here that features a great clip of Jim and Kermit at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade where Jim is interviewed holding Kermit and it is no secret he's a puppet, and Jim could be seen a lot holding Kermit on interviews and stating "I'm not a ventriliquist nor do I try to be." and performs Kermit right there explaining how it's done. And in an interview, Frank Oz said one of the best things about being a Muppet performer is that they don't treat the puppets like real creatures with the idea of preserving the myth. The truth is the Muppeteers are so good at what they do, they could perform in clear view all the time and you'd forget they were there, although they would look silly.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Also, I remember when Jim had Dr. Teeth with him on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. And at MuppetFest, (even though I wasn't there...grrrrr) performers such as Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz and Bill Barretta sat in chairs and performed favorite Muppets in front of a crowd.

I also enjoy the episode of TMS with Senor Wences with the running gag of Muppets such as Gonzo and Statler talking about how puppets are unnatural and freak them out. At one point, after Gonzo says his bit (to Kermit) and walks away, Kermit looks at the camera and says, "I didn't have the heart to tell him."

Muppets are puppets and everyone knows it. I remember watching TMS or SS as a kid and seeing a puppeteers arm behind one of the characters. I liked pointing it out to my dad but I didn't care. It didn't change the way I felt about such lovable, interesting and fun characters.