The Muppets on SNL Dec. 18!

Frogster

Reaction score
I heard on another thread here that Piggy was supposed to be on, but then it just said that that was for laughs and to make her look more famous. But one of the reasons I haven't missed SNL for the longest time is for a chance to see the Muppets on there. And on December 18, exactly seven years after Chris Farley died, there they were; Kermit, Fozzie, Animal and Gonzo, singing one of the greatest current Christmas songs with one of my favorite performers on SNL. I cannot tell you how excited I was, and luckily I was recording it. I knew when all I saw was Horatio on stage, plus a fake brick background, that Kermit would be involved somehow. And when he said, "My guys can do it," I got excited when the camera showed the other three guys. I must have watched that segment over a dozen times now. Why? Because there's something in it that reminds me so much of how the Muppet Show was done. Kermit's Santa hat spinning, Fozzie playing the keyboard, Animal shouting "Hans and Franz," and Gonzo doing his little shimmy, just like Tracy Morgan. It was so enjoyable to watch. The segment was the very last sketch of the night, and the only other time you saw them (besides the goodnights) was when Kermit and DeNiro sang. I really hope to see them as hosts on SNL around May when The Muppet's Wizard of Oz comes out. That would simply be the best! :smile: :halo:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
There's another thread inquiring about this and The Count made mention of the thread over at Palisades forum, so I'll post the link here too:
http://home.comcast.net/~mascan/Tardo.html
Oh my Oreo-Loving goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are my hero for providing that link!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just beyond cool!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't really hear the song at all but I don't even care, that was just the coolest thing SNL has done in a long time. Merry Christmas to you, Vic Romano, and thank you for making my day!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Oh hooray! I'm not near my cable modem, but this has got to be worth downloading over 56k. Thanks for the link!!

:smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
That was great! So glad to have seen it--thanks again for the link!

I'm having myself a merry little Christmas...

ColonelErnie

Reaction score
Curtain Call

Does anyone have the curtain call as a file? It'd be nice to see the puppeteers.

Anyone? Anyone?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Glad I could help, but don't thank me, it was The Count who made me aware of the link, I just went and found it where he said it was. So while I'd like to take all the credit, this one goes to him... but I'll take a little bit of the credit :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Count. I missed it when it was on, so it was good that I had a chance to see that.