Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I haven't decided yet

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I'm still buying the set

Votes: 100 87.7%

• Total voters

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm enjoy this so much. I love all the episodes that I've watched so far. I know I'll love them all. I didn't get a fuzzy one eather and my "Muppet Morsals" aren't messed up like the review said. At first I was thinking what if I get a copy that has the full version of "Pitch Reel" that would be so cool and then it happened and it wasn't. Oh well I can dream can't I? I'm loving it so much I can't wait for the rest of the seasons. All the info and seeing them for the first time. I have pretty much all the songs on mp3s and hearing them then seeing them is awsome! I LOVE THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON 1 SO MUCH!! YEAAAAAAAA!! *dances around singing theme*

Stulz

Reaction score
Fuz VS non-Fuz

After buying my set at Best Buy, I went o Traget and saw the Fuzzy version. Persoanlly, I liek the non-fuzzy version better as it matches the rest of the box and will aloow more to fit on the shelves.

Also mine didn't come w/ a mail-in rebate?

Anybody else missing it?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I noticed in the episode where Miss Mousey sang by Statler and Waldorf, there was a typo in the Muppet Morsles it said "thise pisode was the UK spot, not originally seen in the US" (the e in episode being in a different word)

Stulz

Reaction score
Oh, OK...

I haven't opend that one yet.. thanks.

Now I can sleep easy.

:smile:

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
Still haven't bought TMS yet, can't wait, though! I'm still deciding if buying books for college is more important than the Muppets. :confused: :smirk:

askurow

Reaction score
I work for a large record company. Everyday you'd be surprised to hear what the legal department comes up with about what we can and cannot release, even down to major songs that have appeared elsewhere recently.

Like others have said, it could be rights, royalties, or just a plain - NO. The reasoning is also this, rights given for a TV show are very specific. The cut numbers can probably air on TV, but once that medium is changed (DVD and Home Video), the rights must be secured all over again, and this time met with opposition or price gouging. It can get very frustrating.

In this respect, I can totally understand why some things were left out of, or altered from the first season.

I received my copy yesterday and enjoyed it thoroughly. I loved the fuzzy packaging. Nice touch! I thought it would have been better to have classic Muppet pictures in it rather than the the more recent versions of Piggy, Kermit, Fozzy, etc. But it's what's inside that counts. And it was exactly what I wanted, the original season 1 openers and great episodes I love and am so happy to finally get on DVD.

My advice is to thank Disney for releasing it, to encourage the other volumes to follow, but to give your input. For me, I'd tell them that I'd like scene selections within each episode. I'd like guest star audio commentary or on-camera interviews if they can obtain it. For instance, I'm sure Joel Grey and Florence Henderson would have interesting stories that would have been great to hear.

Tell them, we'd love to eventually get those cut segments one day, even if they are included as bonuses on future volumes.

The important thing is that we got what we wanted, a great collection worthy of having. For $30 bucks (give or take where you bought it at), I have more than half of what Time Life put out at a much higher price.

And, this is just the beginning... :smile:

Andy

dbarrie

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought the set and I'm happy to have it, despite the cuts. Before I bought it, I read a posting at the Muppet NewsFlash site suggesting that the reason why Kermit's line in the pitch reel was cut was because it had the CBS logo. Is that possible? I somehow think it isn't because he used the 'h' word (or perhaps it was a contributing factor). Any thoughts on this?

OI MuppetFan

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Deleted scenes sadden me terribly, but over all, its a wonderful set. The Muppet Morsels are excellent. A lot of stuff I think true fans already knew, but that just made the unknown tidbits that much cooler. I am satisfied with this set, and will definitely be purchasing the rest of the series as it is released. Perhaps, Alex can release the uncut episodes specifically to complete our uncut sets. :smile: