Fraggle Rock film in development

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Dude, if they were to have less Boober, lots of people would be angrier than me during that time of the month. (And THAT is angry, lemme tell you that) I'd probably go and like... punch a hole in the wall. XD

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
MattFraggle said:
Thanks Sylinde! I'm glad you like the idea! There's plenty more where that came from.
I think another great scene would be if Boober visited a laundromat (picture him trying to get a washer or dryer to take back to Fraggle Rock, hehe), or a restaurant. Mokey could visit an art gallery, and there's just so much potential for a feature film, it's amazing.

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Actually Sylinde, one of my movie ideas was to have the individual fraggles "distracted" by the wonders of outer space, and split up to have individual adventures.

But of course, there would be drawbacks and danger to these wonders as well. Boober might just as easily be dismayed by the sight of a modern clothes washer. He might feel, well, obsolete and question his place in the universe! He could stop worrying about hygiene and become filthy and unkempt! Not to mention there are a lot of scary things in the human world. Any moderatly frightening thing in our world could seem overwhelming to a fraggle, and make them yearn for home.

There's a chance the fraggles could get away with all kinds of stuff. If the story sticks to the "rules", then technically, no one could see them. (except certain dogs or maybe even children, perhaps ) That way Red could play in the water park without being seen or raising a health scare. "There's a yellow rat in the wave pool!" Mokey could wander the halls of an art gallery. Wembly could drive himself crazy trying to decide what to eat at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

The possibilities are endless :}

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Karen Prell, and Kathy Mullen can all perform in this. I also hope that Cheryl wagner can perform Ma Gorg, and that as many of the background performers as possible will be able to perform. I think David Rudman could perform Junior Gorg. I don't know about Gunge.

However, I think that most of the main fraggles, assuming that this movie isn't a prequel or featuring competely new characters, will have different performers.

Jerry Nelson has limited his work to just Sesame Street. I don't know if he would want to go through the work of performing his fraggle characters again. Especially sinc eGobo, in my opinion, was the star of Fraggle Rock. I guess he coudl just do voices if he can't/ won't actually perform.

karen prell has a contract with Pixar, and she is allowed to do occassional performing if she wants to. I am not sure if a movie would get in the way of her Pixar work or not.

I don't think Kathy Mullen has done any performing for henson in a long time, but hopefully she will work in this (then again, she didn't speak in the season 1 DVD interviews).

I am sure that Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire would do this if they can schedule their time around the Muppets. I know that Disney is trying hard to get the muppets, especially Kermit, out to the public, and there are many Muppet productions currently being worked on.

Note: I have not read very many of the previous posts, so i do not know if anything I said has been discussed or covered.

Whatever

Reaction score
MattFraggle said:
There's a chance the fraggles could get away with all kinds of stuff. If the story sticks to the "rules", then technically, no one could see them. (except certain dogs or maybe even children, perhaps )
Oh, I DON'T want to see a movie where they get befriended by some kid, and possibly held captive, like a Fragglish Indian in the Cupboard. Although there sort of is precedent in that episode where they're held captive by the Gorgs. Keep to the Fraggles, don't drag humans in, other than Doc, please!

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Here's another possible idea. The Fraggles could discover that they only have a certain amount of time before they have to return to the rock. I'm not sure how to work that, but it could be exciting. A ticking clock, as it's referred to in screenwriting circles.

Will they ever get back home? Will they be stuck in outer space forever? Will they become part of the human world? For that matter, who's to say how humans see or don't see them. They could see the fraggles as little children for all we know. We all know that humans interacted with Traveling Matt, but they never seemed shocked at the sight of this little creature with a tail. it's intriguing to think about.

click the link! I draw fraggles!

http://metacritter.org/imagehost/RedFraggle.jpg

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Sylinde Bren said:
Wow, that's really good! :big_grin: Do you have one of Cantus, Mokey or Wembley?

Well, i'm currently making many many more pics. Gobo, Wembly, Mokey, the gorgs, they're all on the way. Actually, I thought the original Fraggle Rock animated series was so horribly done, that i wanted to design a new one. But then I heard about the movie...and well...it's not as if I can't make up a fraggly portfolio to submit to JHP.

btw, I tried to capture the genius of karen Prell in this particular image of Red. Go Karen! I can't wait to see you performing Red again!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Something just occurred to me- remember how we were informed (by Karen, I believe) that the old Fraggle puppets were basically destroyed by age? This means that they'll have to be RE-BUILT. How good a job do you think will be done on them? The look of the Muppets has changed a bit as of late (compare the current incarnations of Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie et al to the various TMS versions, and compare the Whatnots of today to the Whatnots of the 70s and 80s, you'll see what I mean).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Well hopefully, if they have to rebuild the puppets..they don't make them "too" perfect. What I mean is that overly airbrushed, static look. Look at the covers of the Fraggle Rock DVD's and the pictures on the back. They aren't from the show. They're fraggle puppets set up for a photo shoot. They look terribly lifeless and static.

I call it "Return of the Jedi" syndrome. Everything in Return of the jedi was shiny and plasticine, where the two previous (and better films) were grungy, dirty, and had a lived in look to them. Whatever JHP decides to do, I just hope the new Fraggle puppets can be flung around, covered in gook, and bashed into each other.

I do so love a puppet's flailing, boneless arms :}