The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hey BorkBork. Tomorrow is fine. In fact, we've had several requests to extend the deadline. What are the thoughts here on the forum? To extend or not to extend? It does seem like the entry deadline came up fast.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I'd be very happy if the deadline was extended a day or two. I have the puppet ready but i feel that i need some work on charachter features. However those who have submitted already might feel upset because they had to rush it (?)

video567

Reaction score
mine is already turned in but i have no objections to have it extended.

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Hello, I have just submited my entry, but I would have liked some more time, I guess a deadline is a deadline!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Well, here's the deal. We'd like to extend the deadline, but we also want to be fair to those who submitted their entries by the initial deadline. I think the only way to do both is to extend the deadline by one week - a sufficient amount of time for any new entries. To be fair, those that have already submitted their entries but would like to do some refining or add some final touches to their characters, may do so during the week and resubmit updated pictures of their puppet. That will offer those who met the entry deadline the opportunity to tweak their characters, and also allow those that missed the deadline an opportunity to be in the contest.

So, one week - June 4, 2006 is the new deadline. We have already received well over ten entries. So after the new deadline, all entries will be going to our five judges, for the top ten to be chosen.

The entries we have received so far have been fantastic! Very creative characters, and beautiful work.