The Muppets Wizrad of Oz: ONE YEAR LATER

Tim

Reaction score
Why would they re-run that disaster? It came it 3rd out of 4 networks-behind Fox!

From the couple of minuets I could sit through of that thing, it just layed there like some nightmarish unfunny blob. Jim Hill Media did a whole take on it and why it wound up to be the mess it was.

And you know that thing was lousy when Disney didn't even do a direct to video sequel!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
I dont see the point on having an anniversary thread on a bad muppet movie.
i wanted to know what PEOPLE still thought about the movie!!! geezzz dude! .... cant we PLEASE please stop the bashing? !! u didnt have ta post and saying mean/or harsh stuff like what u sayed to me!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Tim said:
Why would they re-run that disaster? It came it 3rd out of 4 networks-behind Fox!

From the couple of minuets I could sit through of that thing, it just layed there like some nightmarish unfunny blob. Jim Hill Media did a whole take on it and why it wound up to be the mess it was.

And you know that thing was lousy when Disney didn't even do a direct to video sequel!
i didnt ask you to post/or say MEAN or harsh stuff (or bash the movie eather)!? and DONT belive every little thing from Jim Hill.com and it came in 2nd on the networks! u and berry Lee just could have sayed "I Didnt like it" or "I hated it" or JUST dont post anything

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well sorry you feel that way, like everyone else posted there opinions I posted mine and what I felt, there wasn't anything against you Mickey_Muppet, but I just hate the movie.

Stulz

Reaction score
Mwoz

First thing I said to my now ex after watching it last year was:
"That was the funniest god-awful Muppet movie EVER!"

I stand by that statement today.

There were some truly laugh-out loud moments but it didn't have that true Muppet spirit behind it. The CGI effects in the Wizard chamber were truly awful and most of the funy lines went to Pepe, which is OK but there were too many pop culture references as jokes.

I agree though, The DVD was 100 x better. It really made the movie flow better and there was more EM .. although there voices were more off then I would have liked.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Haven't seen the dvd version of the movie but when I saw the movie on television I thought it was bad. I just didn't like it, although I watched it all the way through.

ryan

Daylight

Reaction score
I really don't want to be negative too, but though I don't have anything specific to complain about it (I'm not really picky). I have to admit that it's the first Muppet movie that I haven't watched again and again. I got it on tape, but I've only rewatched it once. I'm not even sure why. A lot of people complain about Muppets in Space and the new Christmas special, but I loved those like crazy (even though they did have a few flaws) and I've watched them a million times and would love to watch them a million more. With the new movie, it's like the magic is missing. Maybe one day I'll try the DVD. I hope it really is better like people are saying.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I liked it, but I haven't been able to find the tape since I taped it, and I still have to get the DVD version (that and the 50th anniversary version of Muppet Treasure Island)

unclematt

Reaction score
First of all, For anyone that has not seen the DVD they have no right to complain about the Movie that aired on ABC. The Movie that aired does not even compare to the DVD version because of the edits. Secondly, the movie was a stepping stone, and a good one at that. It went from the Muppets doing nothing to the Muppets having a primetime slot movie airing.