Sing, sing a song - Songs you love, songs you hate...

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh like wow... I never rully knew we had so many tasteful people here at MC! :smile: Yeah, Supetramp is a fantastic band, I rully do love 'em!

Oh, and Billy Joel?? He. Is. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! My faves of his are:
'Tell Her About It', 'Uptown Girl', 'Piano Man' (duh!!), 'New York State Of Mind', 'It's Still Rock And Roll To Me', 'We Didn't Start The Fire', 'My Life', 'She's Always A Woman', 'Movin' Out', 'You May Be Right', 'Second Wind (Only Human), 'Only The Good Die Young', 'Honesty', 'Just The Way You Are' and 'Scenes From An Italian Resturant'.

Phew!! Heh, I *think* that's it! But as you can tell, I'm a big fan of Billy Joel! :flirt:

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
(Btw, does anyone know *all* the words to 'Scenes From An Italian Resturant'?? Heh, I do lol. Just curious if anyone else does cause in that song BJ speaks rully fast in it sometimes and it goes for 7 minutes and 34 seconds!! I have a gift for knowing all the words to loooong songs! :big_grin: )​

Crazy-Animal

Reaction score
I love music a lot and I have been brought up to listen to a lot of different types of music. I discovered supertramp myself listening to the radio. I'm a huge fan of elton john and billy joel.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
One of my all time favorites is "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas. I've quoted the song a couple times on the quote thread. It's also one of the few songs I know all the words to.

Kiki

Reaction score
Crazy-Animal said:
I love music a lot and I have been brought up to listen to a lot of different types of music. I discovered supertramp myself listening to the radio. I'm a huge fan of elton john and billy joel.
Yeah, I LOVE Elton John too, he's soooo talented! :excited: :flirt:
(Btw, I see you live in Melbourne, I do too. Have you ever listened to Gold 104? It plays all the good stuff, I listen to it, like, 24/7. I totally recommend it! :smile: )

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Music I love:

*Green Day

*Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

*Linkin Park

*Eiffel 65

*Simple Plan

*Sum 41

*Rage Against the Machine

*Haddaway: What is Love (liked the "dance" scene in "A Night at the Roxbury")

*"Weird Al" Yankovic

*60's Music (mostly the Beatles)

*Coheed and Cambria

*Three Days Grace

*Bowling for Soup

*AC/DC

*Yellowcard

*Modest Mouse

*The Corrs

*Good Charlotte

*Limp Bizkit

Music I hate:

*Hey Ya (Outkast) (because I remember having to hear it like 5,000 times when it first came out) Grr...annoying

*Hollaback Girl (Gwen Stefani) (Same as above: What exactly did she mean by saying that her "something" was bananas? I don't get the point...or the whole song as it makes no sense)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can understand how hearing a song too much can cause you to just plain out hate it. Even if it wasn't a bad song to begin with.

While I'm not a fan of that song either. Bananas is an old 1990's or what ever slang term that maens that somthing is crazy, which it is, haha! But she meant it in a good way.

If you really care what that term means, then you can check out the "Urban dictionary" if you dare.:eek:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here is a song that I simply adore, but oh my, what a weird Music Video! So odd!

dabauckham

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Here are my favorite songs...

• Give Me by George Harrison
Hey, Barry, I think you mean "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)", right? That is a nice song. I have quite a collection of George Harrison music, myself.

I have an insanely ecletic taste in music. I basically like anything genuine, anything that has soul, or a good sense of humor whether it's old or modern. I don't care for smooth jazz or schmaltzy pop (although I do like a good "guilty pop pleasures" song - in fact I've made quite a few mixes in my day)

So,
Some Songs I love: "Tangled up in blue" (Bob Dylan - brilliant:smile: ), "In My Life" (John Lennon - he was an incredible songwriter), "La Vida en un Carnaval" (Celia Cruz - she's simply THE BEST!), "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" (Stevie Wonder - I LOVE this man:big_grin: )

A song I hate: "Smack That", that Akon song (such intelligent lyrics :rolleyes: )

I do like thoughtful hip-hop, too, like Common, the Roots, and others.