Favorite Movie on MST3K

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Being from another planet, I had nothing to do with this film.

Also, the best part of Final Sacrifice to me is Crow delivering the Final Sacrifice TV pilot to Mike who's turned into Steve Guttenberg's power agent, giving Crow only two minutes to pitch his idea.

And of course, the line I use every time...
Guy: Your honor... I accuse my parents.
Tom: We have a title!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
And of course, the line I use every time...
Guy: Your honor... I accuse my parents.
Tom: We have a title!
LOL! I swear the other night I was watching The General's Daughter with John Travolta. When he finds the body of the title character, he goes, "aw, the general's daughter!" and a ding! went off in my head: "Yes! We have a title!"

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
From Hobgoblins :
"Rick Sloane pioneered the "standing in a stiff line near the trouble guy" shot." -Tom Servo
"In an unforeseen tragedy, the two actors were not in the car at the time of the crash." -Crow.
Ah, Hobgoblins...killer hand puppets! I love the scene where the Hobgoblins are speeding around in a golf cart.

And of course, there's the gang's infamous visit to Club Scum, where Mike and the 'Bots can't understand the lyrics to the song "Kiss Kicker."

Fish Picker?
Pig Liquor?

Director Rick Sloane actually gave his film to the MST3K guys to lampoon. Still, Crow assumes Sloane had his "brain replaced by rat droppings."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The reason they got such a bad movie actually fits the crime, as they were bouncing on Pearl's new couch which she sent the S.O.L. to keep for her until she beamed it back down.

Pit Sticker!

Maybe that song would've been more understandable if they just sang off of the club's menu?
*Reference to another MST3K moment.

Mike: Vilcomin, bien venieu, welcome... Thank you, that's my act."
Tom: You know, this makes me want to go clubbing... The director in his head!"
One of the better parts is when Tom spots the car at the cliff...
Tom: Hey! The car's trying to get out of the movie! Go car, go car!"
Old Security Guy: Uh sir, we made a mistake.
Crow: We made Hobgoblins.
And lest us forget Tom's cardboard cutout of director Ric Sloan at the end of the movie to say why this movie was so bad and his subsequent time travel incident which leads to the actual creation of the movie after he kicked Ric Sloan in the shins.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The Touch of Satan, which follows Hobgoblins in MST3K order, is another standout ep. It's a cheesy, early-70s film about a young fellow who wanders onto a walnut farm, and falls in love with a beautiful woman. Who happens to be a witch. And she also has a crazy, murderous wizened old grandma who can only mumble incomprehensibly. But hey, these two crazy kids are in love! The tagline for this film read "Makes Rosemary's Baby look like a Sunday school picnic!" Huh.

Highlights include:

The opening host segment, in which the 'Bots have a jones for wassail. They end up buying stuff with Mike's credit card (the 'Bots have frequently used Mike's credit card without permission--like the time Crow used it to get Yakov Smirnoff). Mike produces canned wassail: "enjoy the great taste of wassail...now in cans!"

Over the credits, the name Emby Mellay appears.

Tom: Emby Mellay? That's not a name, that's a bad Scrabble hand.

At one point, the mumbling, murderous granny comes crashing through a screen door.

Tom: Grandma Kramer!

A scene of a leisurely witch hunt.

Mike: It's casual. It's kind of like a Lake Woebegone witch burning.
Tom (in Garrison Keillor voice): Burn the witch...

But the true laugh out loud moment comes midway through the film. The two lovers, Jodie and Melissa, are wandering around her family's grounds in a typical 70s nature-beauty montage. Finally, the two stop by a lake. Melissa looks at the water, and says to Jodie in a dreamy voice:

This is where the fish lives.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The reason they got such a bad movie actually fits the crime, as they were bouncing on Pearl's new couch which she sent the S.O.L. to keep for her until she beamed it back down.

Pit Sticker!

Maybe that song would've been more understandable if they just sang off of the club's menu?
*Reference to another MST3K moment.

Mike: Vilcomin, bien venieu, welcome... Thank you, that's my act."
Tom: You know, this makes me want to go clubbing... The director in his head!"
One of the better parts is when Tom spots the car at the cliff...
Tom: Hey! The car's trying to get out of the movie! Go car, go car!"
Old Security Guy: Uh sir, we made a mistake.
Crow: We made Hobgoblins.
And lest us forget Tom's cardboard cutout of director Ric Sloan at the end of the movie to say why this movie was so bad and his subsequent time travel incident which leads to the actual creation of the movie after he kicked Ric Sloan in the shins.
Heh heh, I think the guys really stuck it to Sloane for his "generosity." Some of the barbs and one-liners are particularly mean-spirited (but in an absolutely hilarious way). BTW, according to one of the MST3K sites, Rick Sloane is working on a SEQUEL to Hobgoblins! A future Film Crew episode?

Nasha

Reaction score
Wow, I should be taking notes here. Im trying to watch the episodes in order but when people tell me of certain ones, I usually skip the order.

Its alot to put to memory though. oy.

"It will be dark soon..." - Torgo

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Santa Claus.
Mike: Dude, Christmas went to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break!
Tom, singing:
This was written by Danny Elfman, Danny Elfman, Danny Elfman.
He's the father of Janet Elfman, Janet Elfman, Janet Elfman.
Crow: That's not a doll, that's a sister!
*Upon hearing the one note played before Santa pops into the mischievous boys'room.
Tom: Benny and the Jeeeeeets!

Hercules Unchained.
*The tag for this one was the mads saying "Sandstorm... Sandstorm!"
Joel: Rock'em Sock'em Robots? Nooo!
Tom, as Hercules punches a guy: Pizza pizza this!
Joel, when the attendant appears: He's a chest of drawers.
And there's one of the best host segments ever, the one where Joel simulates the walls of spikes before taking a drink of water, springing leaks throughout his entire body while Magic Voice sets up the skit like an airplane pilot going through its usual inflight announcements.

Host Segments.
K-I-Bouble L-E-R Shrews board game.
Tom: You couldn't even tell if this movie was a honkshoe.
Crash of the Gypsy Moons.
Tom and Crow serenade Gypsy, but devolve into raunchier stuff when she spurns them both, prompting Joel to rush in and put an end to things.
The episode where Joel's upset at the two, saying he doesn't want to hear another peep out of them.
Magic Voice: Commercial sign in 5, 4, 3, 2...
Tom and Crow: Peep!
Joel: That's it! *Throws towel and leaves in a huff.
The one where Joel goes mad and turns the bots into farming animals.
Wash and Wax Day, the most dreaded day for all bots.