Favorite Movie on MST3K

karamazov80

Reaction score
Funny to see a thread on MST3K here, but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that those who enjoy good, wacky humor like the Muppets would love Joel, Mike, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot. I really loved watching that show late at night when I was in middle/high school, and just last night I watched "the Gunslinger" episode (a Western in typical Roger Corman fashion) from Vol. 6.

Also, have any of you actually seen the Film Crew stuff yet? I saw Hollywood After Dark a few weeks ago, and it seemed just like vintage Theater to me. Good, funny stuff (and a terrible, terrible movie), even without any robot alter egos.

--edit:--
Regarding my favorite MST3K movie, off the top of my head, I'm going with either Time of the Apes or Pod People, though I will admit that I haven't seen most episodes of that show since I was a wee little one (and probably didn't get that many of the pop culture references. . .not that I get all of them even now, as obscure as they often are) if at all.

Nasha

Reaction score
Theres so many!

Heres a few :
Manos : Hands of Fate
Dealthstalker and The Warriors from ****
The Day The Earth Froze
The Final Sacarfice
Santa Conquers the Martins
EEragh!

Theres just so many, I mean..10 seasons! It really depends on what kinda mood im in.

I love MST3K. I have a tattoo of the guys in their seats on my forearm. :big_grin:

-Nasha

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Also, have any of you actually seen the Film Crew stuff yet? I saw Hollywood After Dark a few weeks ago, and it seemed just like vintage Theater to me. Good, funny stuff (and a terrible, terrible movie), even without any robot alter egos.
Sadly, I haven't checked out the Film Crew yet (what kind of Mistie am I?), but I definitely plan to! I even voted for Hollywood After Dark at the official website to be the first film in the series released. Rue McClanahan as a stripper? Come on! That's vintage MST3K gold right there! And even without Crow and Servo, I'm sure the guys rip this a good one!

The other titles available are Wild Women of Wongo and Killers from Space, starring Peter Graves. The newest title, The Giant of Marathon, will be released October 9. I've gotta pick these up!:zany:

Meanwhile, Volume 11 of MST3K is out, with four great episodes: Ring of Terror (season 2), The Indestructible Man (season 4), Tormented (season 4) and Horrors of Spider Island (season 10). In addition, we get the Mike-as-Jack Perkins wraparounds from the short-lived syndicated Mystery Science Theater Hour, and some classic musical segments, including the zany "Sidehackin'" song from The Sidehackers (one of my favorites), and the brilliant "A Patrick Swayze Christmas."

Sadly, Volume 10 has been pulled, I'm assuming because of the inclusion of the classic episode, Godzilla vs. Megalon. The filmmaker/producer/distributor (I forget who) was angered at the time that his film was mocked, and refused the MST3K crew the rights to show his film in the future. Somehow it got a proper DVD release as part of Volume 10, the dude must have got wind of it, and was able to persuade Rhino to pull the set. Used and new copies now sell from about $150 to $200.

Nasha

Reaction score
I downloaded all ten seasons via bit torrents, plus all the KTMA stuff.

I NEED a laptop.

Nasha
Watching "Manos" now.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I downloaded all ten seasons via bit torrents, plus all the KTMA stuff.

I NEED a laptop.

Nasha
Watching "Manos" now.
(in Torgo voice)

The...Master would...approve...

Actually, the KTMA shows are the only ones I haven't seen, but some of the movies were later used when MST3K hit the big time on The Comedy Channel (a.k.a. Comedy Central).

I still miss the Turkey Day marathons.:cry:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello... Nasha, that's very impressive. BTW: Welcome to Muppet Central. And it's great to know another Ravens fan!

WL, Killers from Outer Space starring Peter Graves?
*Deep sigh... Not again... They probably mercilessly mocked him and kept quipping "(Insert Celebrity), tonight on Biography" like that movie about clones in Canada from the Sci-Fi seasons.

Should plan to pick some of these and add 'em to my video library some day.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
WL, Killers from Outer Space starring Peter Graves?
*Deep sigh... Not again... They probably mercilessly mocked him and kept quipping "(Insert Celebrity), tonight on Biography" like that movie about clones in Canada from the Sci-Fi seasons.
I was thinking the same thing, if Mike, Kevin and Bill are gonna make "Biography" references. Parts: the Clonus Horror was a hilarious episode, mainly due to the constant imitations of Peter Graves' voice, and stuff like "tonight on Biography: Peter Graves, brother of James Arness from Gunsmoke." Almost every time Graves came on screen, there was a riff on Biography, and it was always funny. Surprisingly though, when they screened Bloodlust, an early 60s film based on The Most Dangerous Game starring Robert Reed, they went easy on Brady Bunch jokes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw, that's a shame... After they ripped Alan Hale Jr. as The Skipper in The Crawling Hand, Adam West as Batman in Zombie Nightmare, and this example with Peter Graves...

Manos:
Father: Debbie!
Crow: Little Debbie?

Frank: *Offscreen: Should I serve that in your Little Mermaid bowl?

The comedy channel was firstnamed Ha! or HA! I remember that distinctly from the promos they used to run that first year... The bottles of hairspray with a letter on each bottle for the ad announcing the premiere of that movie with an exclamation mark in lue of an "I" most noticeable.
Yes... Miss those marathons too, that's how I watched one of my fave episodes, Fire Maidens from Outer Space.
All, as a saucer flies across the screen at the beginning: I'm late, I'm late. For a very important date.
Of course, that movie's much more memorable for the Dark Crow Spectre storyline, especially when he snuck into the theater and started picking Servo apart during the third quarter.

Also have some memories of the inserts... The one where every recurring character, even Crow, showed up at Dr. Forester's for T-Day dinner. Remind me to share with you a family memory I have permanently attached to Turkey Day V.

*Sing: Hummmm.
We gather together.
To watch cheesy movies.
On Comedy Central.
On Thanksgiving Day.
It's Mystery Science Theater 3000.
It's 30 straight hours.
And it's called Turkey Daaaaaaay.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yes, HA! was before The Comedy Channel OR Comedy Central, thanks for refreshing my musty ol' memory!

And yeah, the guys were kinda easy on Robert Reed, at least in terms of Mike Brady. But whenever someone like Alan Hale or Peter Graves showed up, they would merclessly mock "Gilligan" or "Biography."