The Next Step: The Fifth and Final Rowlf Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves bag of triple-threat C cookies, containing chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and coconut flakes for Beth.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
AHHHH! Oh that was AWESOME, Beth! Annie and Wanda making friends! How great! But GAH! Animal! Deleting the messages! Gargh at him! Tsk that drummer... Ugh! What are they gonna do? Grrr.... I hope Dr. Prell calls back... grrr...

More please! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Prawny... The message was from Kate at the adoption agency telling Rowlf and Wanda there was a girl whose mother would wish them to adopt her daughter as their own. Just making sure you were still with us at this point of the story and Layla wasn't distracting you.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It's all good, there's alot going on in this story. Ed is right though Prawnie, it was the call from the adoption agency.

Kermit talked to Dr. Prell on the phone in an earlier chapter. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Better not let you near Snowthy then, you'll only end up being confused... Though that'd give you a new name to introduce to your other half...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Oh I'm on the edge of my seat Beth. Please post more soon as you can.
We must be nearing the conclusion of this final installment in the drama.:excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Only a couple of chapters remain! Enjoy this one!

Chapter Fifteen:

Now that they were alone both Wanda and Rowlf found themselves at a loss for words.

“So, um, surprise!” said Wanda patting her stomach. Rowlf began to laugh.

“We sure don’t do anything by halves now do we?” he said.

“Oh Rowlf, I didn’t mean to get so angry with you. I shouldn’t have run, it was wrong of me,” said Wanda.

“I can’t say I blame you. Trust me, when Annie said the words ‘you are my father’ I wanted to run out the theatre,” said Rowlf.

“I just wish I would’ve known that you had a bad relationship in the past. I just want to know everything about you, that’s what helps us in our own relationship,” said Wanda.

“I know, I should have told you right from the start. Truth is, I blocked so much of that from my memory. I have to be honest with you, I really did love Regina, and I wanted to marry her. But you know what? It wouldn’t have been right. I only thought I knew what love was. I didn’t really learn what love was until you came back into my life,” said Rowlf.

“Oh Rowlf,” said Wanda getting misty eyed.

“I didn’t mean for that to make you cry!” exclaimed Rowlf jumping up from his chair and sitting next to her on the bed.

“I’m sorry, it’s the hormones, they’re just making me crazy!” sniffled Wanda.

“So, we’re going to have a baby,” said Rowlf smiling.

“We’re going to have a baby,” said Wanda leaning into him and then began telling him the details that she had learned from the doctor that day.

They continued to snuggle on her bed until they peacefully fell asleep.

The next day Wanda was given the stamp of approval to go home.

“Just don’t overdo it,” said Dr. Prell who was unable to be there when Wanda was admitted.

“I won’t,” said Wanda.

“I’ll see you at your next appointment then,” said Dr. Prell smiling and waved them out the door.

They took a slow walk back to the boarding house.

“Are you sure you’re ok? Are you sure you want to walk? I can call Kermit and get him to send Dr. Teeth with the bus or something,” said Rowlf.

“I’m fine dear, it feels good after staying in bed all of yesterday,” said Wanda.

“Are you hungry, we could get some breakfast somewhere,” said Rowlf.

“Actually yes, I’m ravenous. Of course, after I eat it I’ll probably be nauseous in a couple of hours,” said Wanda.

“It’s up to you,” said Rowlf.

They turned a corner and nearly ran smack into Kate from the adoption agency.

“Rowlf! Wanda! I was just coming to see you,” said Kate.

“Really?” said Wanda as she looked at Rowlf nervously. They had completely forgotten about the adoption process in the midst of their latest drama.

“Did you get my message?” asked Kate when she saw that Wanda looked puzzled.

“Um, things have been a little crazy for us over the past week,” said Rowlf.

“Oh, ok, no problem. I’m excited to tell you this in person then. We have a young girl who wants you to adopt her baby! It’s a puppy,” said Kate enthusiastically.

“Wow, that’s great,” said Wanda half heartedly.

“I don’t understand is something wrong?” asked Kate.

“Um,” said Wanda now feeling clearly uncomfortable with the situation.

“We sort of just found out that Wanda is pregnant,” said Rowlf slowly.

“Oh, I see,” said Kate.

“Why don’t we grab breakfast together,” offered Rowlf.

They stopped into Everybody Eats and proceeded to tell Kate some of the story. They didn’t elaborate on the part where Wanda ran away, but brought her up to speed on the craziness of Annie’s arrival and Wanda’s scare in the hospital.

“My goodness. Well, I can certainly understand that this might not work out now,” said Kate.

“I just feel horrible, we were so excited to adopt and we really didn’t expect this to happen,” said Wanda.

“Oh hon, its just nature taking its course, you shouldn’t feel bad about that,” said Kate.

“So what will happen to this young girl?” asked Rowlf.

“Well, we’ll put her back into the system until another suitable match for parents comes up, you really shouldn’t worry. I wish you both the best of luck,” said Kate.

They shook hands and promised to keep in touch and then parted ways.

Everyone was camped out on the lawn at the boarding house ready to greet Wanda and Rowlf when they arrived home.

“Uncle Kermit, what is taking them so long?” asked Robin.

“I don’t know Robin, I’m sure they’ll be here soon,” said Kermit.

“What if they had to keep her there? What if something else is wrong,” worried Fozzie.

“I’m sure Rowlf would’ve called,” said Kermit.

“Maybe they found out that their child is a mutant guppy from the planet Epsilon that is here to save us all from the coming Jello revolution!” exclaimed Gonzo.

“Gonzo that’s ridiculous,” said Kermit shaking his head.

“Hey! I think I see them!” yelled Scooter.

“WELCOME HOME WANDA!” everyone burst out.

“Guys, that’s very nice but remember, the idea is to not cause her stress,” laughed Rowlf.

“Sorry man, we just wanted to wish you congrats and all that jazz,” said Dr. Teeth coming over and shaking his hand.

“This is like, the happiest news,” said Janice giving Wanda a hug.

One by one everyone came over and congratulated the couple. As they trickled into the house another figure emerged from the crowd.

“Annie!” said Wanda giving her stepdaughter a hug.

“I’m glad you’re all right,” said Annie.

“Thanks for coming by,” said Rowlf.

“Why don’t you hang around, stay for dinner tonight? The creatures that live here are our extended family, we’d love to have you meet them,” said Wanda looking at Rowlf for approval.

“Yes, please, stay the day with us,” said Rowlf smiling at his wife’s eagerness to spend time with his daughter.

“That sounds wonderful, thank you both,” said Annie.

They went inside the house and Rowlf began making the introductions.

Dinner was its usual craziness and Annie fit right in. Everyone had many questions for Rowlf and Wanda, most of which they answered, but they refused to answer the one question everyone wanted to know. They would not say if it was a boy or girl, or a cat or a dog. Rowlf then told them the story of why they were delayed in getting home in the first place. Everyone agreed it was a shame that they could not adopt the baby dog, but that it was probably the best for the first time parents.

After dinner was over, Wanda went upstairs with Camilla and Janice who were eager to plan her baby shower. Rowlf volunteered to walk Annie home so she would not have to go alone in the dark.

“It was fun meeting your friends today, they sure are interesting!” said Annie.

“I think interesting is an understatement,” said Rowlf.

“I suppose you’re right,” said Annie. Then she was quiet as they continued to walk.

“Penny for your thoughts?” asked Rowlf.

“Mom used to say that,” said Annie.

“I know,” said Rowlf quietly.

“Sorry. Um, I was just thinking about that young girl whose baby you aren’t going to adopt,” said Annie.

“Oh, I told you, Kate will find someone else, it will be all right,” said Rowlf.

“Well, that’s the thing. I was wondering. What if I tried to adopt her?” asked Annie.

Rowlf froze in his tracks.