eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I agree on the logo. I also remembering someone explaining that there are different levels of merchandise that are granted different things such as using the classic Muppet Show Logo.

But I just wanted to pop in and say that I am looking forward to seeing what has progressed IF anything with Piggy. Mainly what the sculpt will look like with fabric on it. Is that flocking? I'm bad with termonology.

Kevin

muppetperson

Reaction score
I agree on the logo. I also remembering someone explaining that there are different levels of merchandise that are granted different things such as using the classic Muppet Show Logo.

But I just wanted to pop in and say that I am looking forward to seeing what has progressed IF anything with Piggy. Mainly what the sculpt will look like with fabric on it. Is that flocking? I'm bad with termonology.

Kevin
No more progress on Piggy at the moment.Fabric and flocking are 2 different things.Fabric, the texture is on sheeting, where as flocking is a process where the furry fibres are sprayed directly onto the foam with a glue/paint mix, or I beleive it can also be done with like a magnetic or static electricity effect so the fibres are drawn to the foam.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Mike Moore also helped Terry with his prototypes. For instance, Mike made Fozzie's eyes.

Mike is also a member of this board, but I'll leave it to him to reveal himself if he wants to.

:stick_out_tongue:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to seeing some development shots of the new replica's. I love seeing how they are made, by the looks of it there is soooo much bloody work that goes into making these. Its a real shame that Terry is not working on these posers as well, I thought that his replicas were amazing.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Muppetperson,

Thanks for that. I assumed that much but thanks for the confirmation. So I assume that piggy was flocked? I don't know how fabrics could conform to all that. But then again, Muppets are magic. I agree I am really looking forward to the in development pictures!

Kevin

muppetperson

Reaction score
Muppetperson,

Thanks for that. I assumed that much but thanks for the confirmation. So I assume that piggy was flocked? I don't know how fabrics could conform to all that. But then again, Muppets are magic. I agree I am really looking forward to the in development pictures!

Kevin
The Piggy puppet is flocked foam.The Piggy walkaround has a plastic skull and a felt type material covering.

Davina

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if the replica is the fabric over plastic option then... for posability and longevity issues....
(flocked foam would be cool, but how long would it last?)

Taylor

Reaction score
I hope they use the plastic and fabric for miss piggy, I want her to look acurate but I won't pay for something thats just going to fall apart in a couple of years.

unclematt

Reaction score
I have never really thought about it because I guess I just expect the quality of these products to be exceptional, considering what is being charged for them. I am totally with you in the fact that I am not going to pay for something that I am not 100% happy with.