The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm a little sad that the commentary doesn't include any Muppets/performers, but then I was expecting it to be Segel/Stoller anyway. I'm sure they'll be hilarious and informative. And I'm so excited for the blooper reel that I feel like all the rest is icing. :smile:
Sometimes it's about availability. I LOVE how on the UHF commentary Weird Al actually calls someone (I wanna say Michael Richards) and he does the commentary from a phone. A character/Muppeteer commentary track would have been great, but I don't know if they didn't plan on one in the first place or they just couldn't get the Muppet performers to do it in time.

Still, I rescind my complaints about deleted scenes since we're actually getting them... I just hope they aren't premium DVD exclusives. Even if they are, at least some of us can enjoy them. Hopefully they won't be cheap and have all the sequences with the other celebrities that were cut from the film.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Anybody else a bit miffed about the lack of Toy Story short? Not that it was anything special, but I tend to think that if a movie has a short before it in theaters - that'd be a shoe-in to be a bonus feature. Yet here it's absent. It's National Treasure: Book of Secrets all over again! :attitude:

Borples

Reaction score
Curious: What has been the longest Muppet blooper reel to date? MCC was only about two and a half minutes. VMX was five. MWoZ...doesn't seem to be up on Youtube anymore. If they're including Muppets at Disney World, that one's almost eight minutes long. And they ought to be including it, because, c'mon, it's Disney. If they include Kermit's Swamp Years, that goes on for about nine minutes. So we're potentially looking at 10 minutes worth of bloopers? Am I thinking about this too much? Yes. Yes, I am.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
So I just searched walmart.com for "muppets" and the new dvd + a finger puppet came up. Does anyone know if these will be sold at disneystore?

abooch

Reaction score
I found this on blu-ray.com

•BD Exclusive: The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History) -- Includes Muppets! Stars! And One Ridiculously Long Chicken Joke! What More Do You Need?
•Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination Of The Making Of THE MUPPETS -- A Surprisingly Shallow But Profoundly Absurd Look At Muppets And Humans Working Together To Make Cinematic History
•Deleted Scenes
•A Little Screen Test On The Way To The Read-Through -- The Muppets Bring The Wocka Wocka Wocka To A Routine Camera Test
•Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song
•Unreleased Theatrical Spoof Trailers -- And More!
•Audio Commentary -- With Jason Segel, James Bobin, And Nicholas Stoller
•Disney Intermission -- Pause The Movie And See What Happens!

beaker

Reaction score
I had a feeling Disney wasnt stupid enough to release an extra less home release. And Im pretty sure that all the extras listed are also for the dvd. I refuse to ever buy a blu ray, so dvd for me. Had this been another Tron Legacy home release(ie: nothing at all but the film itself) I woulda just torrented this sucker. But Ill gladly buy and support it given theres all the extras I assumed we'd get. So yes, time to rejoice^_^

beaker

Reaction score
Like I said... I love hoe they have all these no frills DVD's that cost JUST as much as loaded with feature DVD's from less than 5 years ago that don't sell, just so the studios can cry about how they don't sell, blame pirates and the economy, and wonder why they don't sell.

I hope this isn't the same passive aggressive refusal to pay actors for bits that weren't in the movie that the Simpsons bonus features suffered from. I mean, they're gonna have to pay Wanda Sykes and Danny Trejo if they wanna use that trailer in the parody trailers section. I'm glad they have a whole feature devoted to one IMPORTANT cut sequence, but it's a complete waste that we have at least a half an hour worth of deleted scenes we'll never see unless one of us gets buddy buddy with Jason. I really hope that SOMEONE pushes for all the deleted sequences, or at least the bigger ones, at the very least on the Blu_Ray edition. At least those who have that gadget should be able to enjoy it.
Im half tempted to do a reworking/re-imagining of the muppets film incorporating the deleted scenes, rearranging/editing other scenes now that im getting better with editing software:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Curious: What has been the longest Muppet blooper reel to date? MCC was only about two and a half minutes. VMX was five. MWoZ...doesn't seem to be up on Youtube anymore. If they're including Muppets at Disney World, that one's almost eight minutes long. And they ought to be including it, because, c'mon, it's Disney. If they include Kermit's Swamp Years, that goes on for about nine minutes.

There's one for MFS too, but they STUPIDLY cut them up into chapters on the DVD release so you have to watch each and everyone separately. I never timed it.

I had a feeling Disney wasnt stupid enough to release an extra less home release. And Im pretty sure that all the extras listed are also for the dvd. I refuse to ever buy a blu ray, so dvd for me. Had this been another Tron Legacy home release(ie: nothing at all but the film itself) I woulda just torrented this sucker. But Ill gladly buy and support it given theres all the extras I assumed we'd get. So yes, time to rejoice^_^
If it comes down to a couple extra little things here and there for the Blu-Ray exclusive version, I don't mind one bit. An extra-free release would be insanely stupid. I get the whole Blu-Ray combo One for the ultimate living room entertainment experiance, one for the little snot eaters' rooms to scratch up and color on bit... but, like I said, the blu-ray exclusive NEEDS to be the fact that it has a few more interactive bits and a higher definition.

I almost never get around to watching movies when I watch the special features. My first disk of the Incredibles is pristine, but the second disk must be pretty worn by now. Now THAT was a DVD release. I LOVE the second disk, and all the behind the scenes footage and the Clutch Cargo parody on it.