Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
That DVD had quite a few subtitle goofs on it. During Gonzo's song, when he says, "we can hold onto love like invisible strings", the subtitles read "we can hold onto young like invisible strings". Also, while the gang are on the bus and Animal is saying, "Showdown! Showdown!", the subtitles read "Chugga! Chugga!".

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Have you ever watched the 1993 video of TMM from Jim Henson Productions? When the film stops right after the incident with Prof. Krassman and Piggy leaves Kermit, and Animal is impatient for his scene, he says "Irritated, Irritated!!" But the captions say he says "Arek-tek-tek!!" I mean, how could you miss that one? Plus, it's not quite as funny.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Actually, until I saw the Columbia/Tri Star subtitles, I had no idea what Animal was saying.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Someone on YouTube yesterday spelt "Kermit's" name as "Kormet" McKormet seasonings anyone? :rolleyes:
They did WHAT? :coy: Uh-oh! I don't like the sound of that. It's "Kermit", not "Kormet" you non-Muppet fans. Gosh! Why do they misname this famous Muppet character again?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't know I rarely read the comments on YouTube which obviously now I know why I do. :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Does Jim Henson still perform Kermit? Oi!!! YouTube just gives me headaches I tell you. >< By the way I read that one a few months ago.

Hubert

Reaction score
Does Jim Henson still perform Kermit? Oi!!! YouTube just gives me headaches I tell you. >< By the way I read that one a few months ago.
At least that's a little more valid than someone thinking that Jim is basically the only Muppeteer that exists...I've seen people say something like:

"Jim sure had a wide voice range to be able to perform Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal, and Big Bird."

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
At least that's a little more valid than someone thinking that Jim is basically the only Muppeteer that exists...I've seen people say something like:

"Jim sure had a wide voice range to be able to perform Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal, and Big Bird."
Oh my...

And let's not forget, "I hate that new guy who does Kermit". Really? Do I really need to add onto how messed up that comment is.

It's interesting how people often mistake the Muppet performers for 'voice actors'. Voice is only half the performance.

Another mistake, when the Muppets made it's premiere, a well-known youtube user (I feel really bad that I can't remember her name) interviewed some Muppet whatnots (from the FAO store) about the new movie. These whatnots were clearly performed by unprofessional puppeteers, but that's okay. It was clearly just done for fun.

Anyhow, among the whatnots a lime green one with glasses. Somebody in the comments aksed if these guys were actual Muppets because he could have sworn he saw the green Muppet in "Muppets from Space" (he got an ameturely performed whatnot mixed up with Phil Van Neuter).

I remember somebody on the IMDB message boards for MFS constantly complaining about how "they changed the color of a Muppet". Evidently, he got Clifford mixed up with Floyd. More specifically the complaint was that "the orange (?) Muppet who used to call Kermit 'green stuff' is now an ugly purple".