1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Okay, I can understand somebody thinking Robin is Kermit's son (probably just came from someone who wasn't paying attention, or somehow got MCC mixed into the real Muppet world), but Gonzo and Fozzie being related?
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Don't even ask me as I don't even know what made them think that if I remember where I read it I would post the link...but like I said I didn't wanna know.

Even just seeing someone on YouTube spelling Jason Segal as "Jason Seagul" is forgiveable but Fozzie and Gonzo being related? I'm guessing they were adopted. :p
  3. lilmissmuppet

lilmissmuppet Member

coz im at a new school everyone thinks that the muppets are for babies and little kids but i protest
  4. Pinkflower7783

Been there went through it.
  5. lilmissmuppet

lilmissmuppet Member

6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah because a movie for babies would obviously have Mel Brooks, Richard Pryor and Steve Martin as guest stars, lol.
    Pinkflower7783 and Mo Frackle like this.
  7. Mo Frackle

Not to mention a show with Alice Cooper as a guest star. Seeing the reactions of that episode from people who always assumed the Muppets were for babies was hilarious!
    heralde likes this.
  8. Pinkflower7783

See if I told my friends or even my family I was a huge Muppets fan today they would probably think I'm still stuck being a 3 year old. They just don't get it.
  9. heralde

The funny thing is today that episode is almost wholesome in comparison to what's around today, lol.
    Pinkflower7783 and Mo Frackle like this.
  10. Mo Frackle

Sadly true.
    :sympathy:
  11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a book called The Encyclopedia of Dead Rock Stars which deals with just that. They have an entry for Jim Henson, which surprised me. Only thing is they refer to him as a "voice characterizer" rather than puppeteer, and they credit him for "Halfway Down The Stairs" instead of Jerry Nelson.

(PS: Did you guys know that song went top ten in England in 1977?)
  12. Mo Frackle

[​IMG]
  13. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, the book is excellently researched in its other entries as far as I can tell. The author just dropped the ball with the Henson entry.
  14. Mo Frackle

That's really too bad. A well researched book with one large mistake.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  15. heralde

What the heck is a "voice characterizer?"
  16. Mo Frackle

I guess it relates to voice acting. Now granted, the Muppet performers were always great with voices, but their is a fine line between voice acting and puppetry.
  17. heralde

I question whether the author even knew who Jim Henson was frankly, lol. I mean how hard is it to say "He.worked.with.puppets"?
  18. Mo Frackle

"He.... worked... with.... the voice peoples....".
  19. heralde

No, no, no, the voice "characterizers!"
  20. Mo Frackle

Oh, yes, characterizers. And don't forget that Jim Henson invented the computer.