1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

While were waiting for the movie to come out, here's a question. How many Muppet voices do you recognize in this rehearsal footage?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJuK_DINvg

0:01 - 0:02 - Miss Piggy
    0:03 - 0:08 - Floyd
    0:09 - 0:10 - ?
    0:011 - 0:12 - ?
    0:13 - 0:14 - Gonzo
    0:15 - 0:17 - Sam (?)
    0:17 - 0:22 - All
    0:25 - 0:28 - Janice
    0:29 - 0:31 - Scooter
    0:33 - 0:35 - Fozzie
    0:36 - 0:39 - Statler and/or Waldorf (?)
    0:39 - 0:43 - All
    0:44 - 0:46 - Statler (and Waldorf)
    0:47 - 0:53 - Females
    0:54 - 0:56 - Males
    0:57 - 1:03 - Kermit
    1:19 - 1:34 - All
    1:34 - 1:36 - Rowlf
    1:36 - 1:38 - All
    1:38 - 1:40 - Beaker
    1:40 - 1:56 - All
    Barry Lee likes this.
  2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Hmm, I dont know about the mystery voices, but I really enjoy the song, it's a nice -- ironically -- happy, song. But I enjoy it nonetheless. :sing:
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hmm... I agree with most of those. But I think 0:03-0:08 is Walter, not Floyd. 0:09-0:10 is Jason Segel, 0:11-0:12 is Amy Adams, 0:13-0:14 is Jason again, not Gonzo, I believe that 0:15-0:17 is Matt Vogel's Uncle Deadly, and 0:25-0:28 is Jason yet again. But... these are all just guesses. Though I really don't think that's Floyd there at the beginning.
  4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I think 0:33 - 0:35 could be Marvin Suggs instead of Fozzie.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I refused to let myself see any more than a few seconds of that. It would ruin the element of surprise for me.

So far, this song is shaping up to sound pretty good (judging from the 30 second mark, when I forcibly had to stop the video... curiosity killing the cat is debatable, but it ruins the movie), and much better than that snippet we heard all the way back in January.
  6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

so i was just told that my the local theater my friend works at has a new trailer for the movie
  7. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

New trailer? As in, actually new-new, or the trailer that we've been seeing in front of Winnie-the-pooh and such. Because if it's new-new, then I wants to see it.
  8. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

10. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

I MUST SEE! :excited::zany:
  11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I know right? I'm anxious for this new trailer...
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

(Sidenote: I love how while the Muppets are perhaps more active than they've been in the last ten years...I've never seen MC so quiet...You could hear a pin drop...*steps on pin* WHO PUT THIS HERE???)
  13. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

I wonder if it's because people can now openly talk about it without getting weird looks :p Besides, this forum, even if quiet, is a lot healthier then some of the other forums I've seen.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Maybe the new forum layout turned a LOT of people off?
    theprawncracker and Barry Lee like this.
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Always found it hilarious how most people in this world light up and smile when they see Muppets(Sesame, TMS, Fraggle, whatever) but that being an actual "fan" has long been underground for fear of people being ridiculed....unless you're a college kid with an "ironic" Animal shirt.

Why is it ok for Trek, Star Wars, LOTR, Potter, even Farscape, Dr Who/Torchwood and Browncoats to be open about their love...but you rarely see diehard Muppet fans out in about or even online(other than here) I guess it's like a secret society...(ooh, I love your Beaker shirt...truth me told, Im a big Muppet fan too)
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

New forum layout rocks! At first I was offput by it, now I love it. Old one was way too stale.

Wait til a month before the film drops, then we should see a spike.

But I said this on here in 1998 and I'll repeat it: diehard Muppet fans have and will always be underground and niche
  17. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Oh, Beau...you've gone over to the dark side. And you were coming a long so nicely.

I'll miss you in ush-gush land!
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The Fall Movie preview issue of Entertainment Weekly has a full-page article on the movie, with a couple of new pictures. It also has a review of TMTM and MFS Blue-Ray DVDs.
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

So has anybody had a dream about this movie lately? Last night I dreamt that I finally got to see the movie. But my brain kept mixing up "The Muppets" with the "Letters to Santa" special, as I distinctly remember a scene at an airport with Uma Thurmon (who was singing, for some reason) showing up. Other than that, all I can remember is that Fozzie had to leave the gang before the movie ended.
  20. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

Nope. I did have dreams that I was looking for its trailers to watch; which is just pathetic.