1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Dec 9, 2010.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Most people, even with kids, don't check the running length. ;)

It's all tentative until we received a more official source on the matter. I'd say anywhere in between 90 and 110 minutes is the ideal length on all fronts. Holiday family films are usually front-loaded with ads and previews so parents expect a little more time in the theater.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I don't think 2 hours is too bad. It's when it's 3 hours that most people get annoyed because it really takes up the whole day.
  3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I'd like to think a 2-hour running time for the movie will be a very good thing. As someone else said, it'll allow more time to tell a really fleshed-out story.

Another advantage that I see to the running time is that it'll allow more time to show and re-introduce even more long-lost Muppet characters. :D
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Considering that there is going to be a 20-minute subplot involving Wayne and Wanda posing as Walter's parents, it will have to have some sort of length to fit in the other stories such as the one involving Thog as Paris Hilton's new pet.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  5. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Where did you hear about those sub-plots? A news article or something? :confused:

Heard of any other similar character subplots?
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:oHahaha! You're funny! :laugh: I'd see that movie too. Well, the Wayne and Wanda one. I'd only watch the Paris Hilton one if she gets eaten by a Muppet monster early on. :coy:
    Beauregard likes this.
  7. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

He's kidding...
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm ALL for a 2 hour running time. I'm all for an Andy Warhol-esque 8 hour runtime... but our culture is either to have 3 hour sweeping epics or 90 minute shorties... well, the culture that the big multiplexes WANT us to have, anyway.

I have no problem with a 2 hour run, making that perfectly clear.... but I'd hate to see reviews say "dragging 2 hour run time" scaring people into seeing bad penguin movies. That's my primary concern right there.

But then again, I don't want it too be ultra short and full of truncated plot points like LTS was. Personal tastes= I like a 2 hour run time... concern= I'm wondering if that may scare some off. Hopefully it won't, and my concerns are just worrywarting, but we all want this thing to do well.
  9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Well, look at Toy Story 3, that was an hour and 50 minutes, just ten minutes short of 2 hours, and that had no problems. If they milk the advertising of this film wisely, it should go off without a hitch, much like TS3
    frogboy4 likes this.
  10. Drtooth

Ah, okay. That puts me at ease.
    Barry Lee likes this.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I suspect this approximate running time is a cap rather than the actual number. It's easy to imagine Disney telling the film's producers that it should not exceed 120 minutes. I wish more studios would do that. :o
  12. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

It even seems the longer some parents have there kids in the movie theater, the longer they won't have to work as hard. (I know im terrible... :oops:) But I agree with you Jamie, Disney throughout some if its faults does make sure most of there films has a story, and its fully fledged out, with the help of the Pixar people especially, I feel that this movie should be 2 hours, for the audience to really know the Muppets, because us in return as fans, we know them, but some people may not (specifically the children who weren't raised on The Muppets.)

(Throws a penguin) :zany:
  13. Beauregard

*blows up a penguin*
  14. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Kermit: Crazy Harry (played by Beau,) stop that!
  15. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

Okay, just out of curiousity, how many of you think that the movie really will end with an explosion and some penguins- I've always been told that if you don't know how to end something, just throw them in and you're good.

And, on a slightly more serious note- how much screen time is going to be devoted to Amy Adams and Jason Segal? Their there, but hopefully they aren't taking up too much time. And I for one will be angry if the first hour is all about the two humans. Serious.
    Barry Lee likes this.
  16. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

We have Walter to break the human dynamic, it's kind of sad we have to have humans to carry on The Muppets, but I have faith in Jason and the team. Look at Muppets Take Manhattan, they managed to pull a plot with Pete and his daughter AND the Muppets and intertwine the two to make it work. Let's hope Segel can do the same. :cluck::zany:
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think the film will end with outtakes over the credits. That was the best part of Muppets Tonight and I think the mainstream public deserves that treat.
  18. Beauregard

Not to mention, Muppet outtakes are some of the funniest things ever seen (and add to the reality of the Muppets themselves). The S DC Almost Live outtakes are brilliant.
  19. Drtooth

Someone read Muppet Snow White! :electric:
  20. Beauregard

Spoilers, maybe, ish.

I saw over at The Muppet Mindset (plug, Ryan, plug) that they had been filming extra (or re-filming) some of the (SPOILER?) final scenes of the movie.

I wonder if that scene was originally written with just Piggy/Kermit, Jason/Amy, and that now they have decided to make it the "Muppets all join in at the end" moment, like in TMM. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out!!!