A Cup of Kindness

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yay! A Lisa Christmas story!!! I adore that Miss Piggy is being so wonderfully generous! And I love that Kermit didn't even ask questions, just said "Oh great!" when she said that Casey would be spending Christmas with them. Wonderful. Must read more!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I love Lisa... I love Christmas... so I obviously love this story. Piggy is so fantastic here. Magnificently done. And Kermit's response to, "This total stranger is spending Christmas with us!" was "Oh, great!" You, madame, are spectacular. Get your tinsel tushy writing more!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<LAUGHS!> Tinsel tushie? And just how exactly do you know my tushie is tinsel, my dear other half? <Laughs!> And I AM writing, believe it or not. While listening to my favorite Christmas CD and admiring the tree and muffining in another thread and chatting with you and Beau... I am also writing.

And my tinsel tushie has nothing to do with it. <Giggles>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Anything is possible Bo. :jim:

Come Toga... Post and know us better!
I'd say you're a little absent-minded writer, but then you'd rebutt with the fact that no—you're a large absent-minded writer.
So come, post and know us better. Wait, did I already say that? Oh well, let us read more story please.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ed, did you just call me large? I'm not sure that's a compliment... :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Why, are you taking it as anything else than a complimentary Muppet quote?
That's the measure of a man you know... How many Muppet quotes one can quip about between friends.
With a glass raised of course.
To toast your health.
And a promise to share the wealth of fanfic.
:electric: Stop him! He's on a continuous MCC diatripe!
Shush your mouth. Diet nothing. Do you know what diet really is?
It's "die" with a "t"!

Now post more story... Please?
*Offers Robin appearance on Jimmy Fallon this Friday.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Part Two

Miss Piggy and Casey both needed to use a restroom before leaving the airport, but Miss Piggy let Casey go ahead so she could have a moment alone with Kermit, who had the all-important task of guarding their suitcases.

“Kermie?” Miss Piggy said sweetly, slipping her fingers under his chin to force him to look at her—which he was already doing quite willingly. “If vous tell anyone that inviting Casey to join us for Christmas was my idea, moi will have your head.”

Kermit grinned mischievously as he slid his arms around her waist. “Gee, that’s a real shame, Piggy. ‘Cause I’m planning on telling any Muppet I can get to listen to me,” he said cheerfully. “Quietly, I guess. I mean, I won’t make a big announcement out of it or anything, but I’m definitely telling all the guys.”

She groaned and dropped her head on his shoulder. “Kermit, you will ruin my reputation.”

“Uh-huh. Sure.” He nuzzled against her and kissed her cheek. “That’s okay with you, right? You don’t mind…”

“I’m not supposed to be nice, Kermit!” she growled. “That’s your job.”

He laughed and nudged her towards the bathrooms. “Merry Christmas, Ms. Scrooge,” he teased her. “Go hurry up so we can go home.”

“Oh, bah, humbug!” she muttered at him as she marched off, but she looked back at him over her shoulder with sparkling eyes.

Yes, it was going to be a very merry Christmas, indeed.

*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*

On the cab ride back to the Muppet Boarding House, Kermit and Miss Piggy both peppered Casey with questions. Upon hearing that Casey taught pre-school, Kermit immediately found all sorts of things to talk to her about. In fact, the two of them got along so well that Miss Piggy could have gotten jealous… except that Kermit spent the entire cab ride holding her gloved hand and sitting right next to her, all of his own free will. And Casey was married—very happily married, based on how fondly she spoke about her dear Nick. And besides all of that, it was Christmas.

“We should probably warn you that our house is pretty crazy,” Kermit said amiably. “But don’t worry too much about it. It’s not as dangerous as it looks.”

“It’s really just a matter of knowing when to jump, and when to duck,” Miss Piggy advised.

Casey rubbed her arm as she considered this. “So… It’s like playing jump-rope?”

“And dodge ball,” Miss Piggy said. “At the same time. It’s easier than it sounds.”

Casey didn’t look convinced.

“And by the way, Casey, vous are not to tell anyone whose idea it was for you to stay with us. It would ruin my rep.”

Kermit gave their guest a smug grin. “I’m telling.”

“No, you’re not, Frog!” Miss Piggy insisted.

“Oh, yes I am.”

Casey laughed. “I really—I can’t thank you enough for this, though. Thank you so much,” she said. “I don’t know how I’ll ever repay you—”

“Oh, nonsense, Casey. It’s Christmas,” Miss Piggy said firmly. “You don’t have to repay anything.”

“And you probably shouldn’t thank us until you’ve been in the house a while,” Kermit said. “You might not want to.”

That was when the taxi stopped in front of the Muppet Boarding House. Miss Piggy groaned. “Again?”

“What?” Kermit glanced out the window. “Oh, the fake snow? Yeah. Again. But it doesn’t seem to be toxic or anything…”

As they got out of the cab, Casey stared in wonder at the house where she would apparently be spending the holiday. Here they were, in the middle of Los Angeles, and every house on the street had a nice green lawn… except for this one, where everything was covered in piles of fake snow, complete with a family of snowmen, two snow forts, and an all-out snowball fight in full progress.

“Hi-ho, everyone!” Kermit called out as he and Miss Piggy pulled the suitcases out of the trunk.

“Hi, Kermit!”

“Welcome home, Piggy!”

“Merry Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas!” Miss Piggy trilled. She turned to pull the last suitcase out of the trunk and felt the distinctive smack of a snowball hitting the back of her shoulder. She immediately slammed the suitcase down on the sidewalk and spun on her heel to face the Muppets. “Alright, who threw that?” she demanded, and she started packing a snowball of her own.

Fingers pointed, and snowballs flew.

“Uh-oh,” Kermit said, laughing and hastily hopping to the driver’s window. “Better get out of here,” he said as he paid the cab driver and gave a generous tip. “Merry Christmas!”

Miss Piggy was already wading through the snow, suitcases forgotten on the sidewalk as she hurled snowballs at everyone on the opposite side of the lawn. Kermit found a snowball splattered on his chest and immediately joined in, too, laughing as he darted to join his friends behind the safety of the closer snow fort. “Casey, come on!” he called out.

Casey was still standing on the sidewalk with her jaw hanging so low it was practically on her chest, staring at the scene in front of her.

“Casey, go on! I’ll cover ya!” Miss Piggy shouted, jerking her head towards the snow fort, and she shot another snowball across the yard. “TAKE THAT, YA BLUE-NOZED LOONEY!”

It took Casey another minute, but she managed to get over her shock enough to run for the snow fort.

Kermit laughed as she tumbled into the snow next to him. “So, welcome to the Muppet Boarding House,” he said cheerfully, and he threw a snowball into the yard, not caring at all that it missed its target.

Casey shook her head and examined the snow. It seemed almost exactly like real snow, except that it wasn’t cold. How on earth did that work? Regardless, it certainly packed like real snow—good, real packing snow—and in seconds, she had a snowball in her hands. Amused and surprised, she found herself laughing as she threw the snowball and watched it hit the other fort. “I’ve never been in a snowball fight without being cold,” she said.

“Don’t worry. You still get hot chocolate when it’s over,” Fozzie said. “I’m Fozzie, by the way.”

“Hi, I—I’m Casey.” She was going to have to stop getting star-struck every time she met a Muppet.

“Merry Christmas, Casey,” Fozzie said cheerfully. He peered up over the snow fort and immediately got his hat knocked off by a snowball. “Ah!”

Casey giggled nervously and started scooping up another snowball, noticing another strange thing about this fake snow: it wasn’t wet at all. If she had been in real snow, it would have soaked through her tennis shoes by now, but she was still perfectly dry. Kermit had said this snow wasn’t toxic, hadn’t he? And if no one ever got cold, how would the snowball fight ever end? It certainly wouldn’t be for a lack of snow…

“CHARGE!” Someone shouted on the other side of the yard.

Miss Piggy scrambled back behind the fort. “Get ready!” she said, hastily packing a snowball. “FIRE!” And she threw her snowball.

When Casey peered over the fort—well, she immediately wished she hadn’t, but she threw a snowball at the mass of Muppets that Gonzo was leading in a charge straight at the wall she was ducking behind.

“Get back! Everyone, get back!” Kermit grabbed Fozzie by the arm and hauled the bear away from the wall just as the opposing Muppets crashed through it, but that wasn’t enough to spare them from being tangled in the resulting pile of Muppets.

“Get off of me!” Miss Piggy growled.

“Sorry, Piggy!” Sweetums said as he got up. “I wasn’t aiming for you.”

“I was!” Robin said with perhaps more bravery than he realized. “Hi, Miss Piggy! Merry Christmas!”

She laughed and hugged him. “Merry Christmas, Robin.”

Kermit laughed as they untangled themselves. “C’mon, guys. Let’s go inside and get some hot chocolate!”

“Oh! I have to get my luggage,” Miss Piggy said, putting Robin down.

“Oh, right! Sweetums, could you help with these bags?” Kermit asked.

“Oh, sure!”

“By the way, everyone! EVERYONE!” Miss Piggy shouted, quickly getting all of the Muppets’ attention, and she pulled Casey forward. “This is Casey Campton, everyone! Her flight was canceled, so—” She cleared her throat. “Kermie invited her to spend Christmas with us.”

For reasons most of them couldn’t begin to understand, Kermit laughed so hard that he fell down in the snow while the Muppets welcomed Casey and hurried inside for hot chocolate.

Miss Piggy tapped her foot at Kermit, who was still laughing in the snow, and she hauled him to his flippers. “Knock it off, Frog,” she muttered.

He chuckled and brushed himself off. “You even looked upset about, ah—me inviting Casey,” he said, and he laughed again and slid his arm around her waist. “C’mon, Piggy. It’s time for hot chocolate.” And so they followed the other Muppets inside, pausing only to make use of the mistletoe over the porch steps.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oooohh....Casey is gonna have to stop being star-struck every-time she meets a Muppet...and I'm gonna have to stop filling up pages of 'oohs' and 'ahhs' every-time Miss Toga posts more on a story I love!! Because I love this! Snowball fight was gorgeous, Kermit was maybe even more gorgeous...I love him cracking up at Piggy, and I love the detail about his arm around her waist...Oh, there's too much love to write here.....I can just picture everything....it's great, great, GREAT stuff!! Can't wait for more!! >is thoroughly reminded that although she may be 'Toga junior', she still has a long way to go and a lot to learn< :wink: Looking forward to it!