A Cup of Kindness

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! ! !

A snowball fight? Now why does that remind me of something similar that happened in my own MFG? You know, at the very end when everyone came back to town, Chapter 30-ish?
*Self-plug over.

Fake snow...
Not toxic...
Snow forts...
Jaw dropping...
Cab ride...
Hot chocolate...
Wall crash...
Mistletoe...

Thank you.
*Is 1, 1 happy Count.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
On the cab ride back to the Muppet Boarding House, Kermit and Miss Piggy both peppered Casey with questions. Upon hearing that Casey taught pre-school, Kermit immediately found all sorts of things to talk to her about. In fact, the two of them got along so well that Miss Piggy could have gotten jealous… except that Kermit spent the entire cab ride holding her gloved hand and sitting right next to her, all of his own free will. And Casey was married—very happily married, based on how fondly she spoke about her dear Nick. And besides all of that, it was Christmas.
Aww! so adorable!

“And by the way, Casey, vous are not to tell anyone whose idea it was for you to stay with us. It would ruin my rep.”

Kermit gave their guest a smug grin. “I’m telling.”

“No, you’re not, Frog!” Miss Piggy insisted.

“Oh, yes I am."
Again, totally adorable! Interesting angle with Piggy trying to hide her being nice, I like it...makes you think that Piggy may be more than what she seems to be...

“By the way, everyone! EVERYONE!” Miss Piggy shouted, quickly getting all of the Muppets’ attention, and she pulled Casey forward. “This is Casey Campton, everyone! Her flight was canceled, so—” She cleared her throat. “Kermie invited her to spend Christmas with us.”

For reasons most of them couldn’t begin to understand, Kermit laughed so hard that he fell down in the snow while the Muppets welcomed Casey and hurried inside for hot chocolate.

Miss Piggy tapped her foot at Kermit, who was still laughing in the snow, and she hauled him to his flippers. “Knock it off, Frog,” she muttered.

He chuckled and brushed himself off. “You even looked upset about, ah—me inviting Casey,” he said, and he laughed again and slid his arm around her waist. “C’mon, Piggy. It’s time for hot chocolate.” And so they followed the other Muppets inside, pausing only to make use of the mistletoe over the porch steps.
LOVED that part! And you remembered the miseltoe!!!! You know how to make a fellow ush-gusher smile! Great job as always- the snowball fight was very fun and as We Got Us said, you can definitely picture everything the way you write- probably one of my favorite things about all of your writing on here.

Happy and excited to read more!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'd be just like Casey, totally star struck at every Muppet!! I love the fake snow and the playing in it and the Muppety Christmasy goodness of this story!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That there update was just fine. Just fine indeed. And by fine I mean exceptional, as is commonplace with this half of mine. Brilliant stuff... love the thought of an army of Muppets led by Gonzo charging anything... that's just hilarious. Poor Casey is reminding me of me about a month ago. But that's another story for another time. Or something. Anyway... MORE PLEASE!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Part Three

While most of the Muppets hurried into the kitchen for hot chocolate, Casey stood in the living room and tried to collect herself. It wasn’t easy. Looking around, she couldn’t help feeling a little dizzy.

Rather than just the fireplace, an entire wall was hung with stockings—some smaller than her thumb, some big enough to fit a twenty-pound potato sack, and some every size in between, each labeled with a name.

And the tree—oh, goodness, the tree! It was so tall that the star on top touched the ceiling, and the base was so wide that it couldn’t possibly have fit through the door. It was strung with a mix of white and colored lights, both silver and gold garland, and more ornaments than Casey had ever seen in one place: carved wooden ornaments, glass and plastic balls, ornaments made from popsicle sticks and construction paper, ornaments made of fabric and yarn, metal ornaments, ceramic ornaments, edible ornaments, half-eaten ornaments, and ornaments that were broken, burned, or chipped. A model train ran around the base of the tree—or at least it would have, except that it seemed to be stuck at the base of a roller-coaster-style loop-de-loop that no amount of “I think I can” could overcome.

And on both sides of the train tracks, crammed under the branches and all around the tree, were piles and piles of presents. Presents in gift bags, presents neatly wrapped with bright bows and ribbons, presents haphazardly wrapped with the paper falling off, presents with more tape than wrapping paper, presents wrapped in newspaper, presents still in the boxes they’d been shipped in with a stick-on bow slapped on the side. It looked like Santa had already made multiple trips to this house.

And as if all of that weren’t enough, the piano was strung with Christmas lights, too, with a wreath hanging on the back to face the rest of the room and evergreen garland across the top—right next to a Hanukkah menorah, for some reason. The coffee table hadn’t been spared, either: it had been covered with cotton batting for snow and turned into a miniature Christmas village, although this particular Christmas village happened to include several giant remote controls, mugs, and cups, as well as a pair of reading glasses. Every single surface in the room was decorated with small snowmen, Santas, elves, reindeer, nutcrackers, poinsettias, and berries and holly.

Casey stared at it all, took a deep breath, and let out a heavy sigh.

“Hey Casey, don’t you want some hot cocoa?” Floyd called from the kitchen door. “It’s edible, and for the time being, we have enough mugs intact!”

“Oh, um—sure,” Casey said, slipping her hand into her pocket and gripping her phone. “Sure, I… I’ll be right there.”

“Better hurry,” Floyd warned. “Stuff goes quick when it actually tastes good.” He chuckled softly as the kitchen door swung shut.

Casey bit her lip and pulled her phone out. I found a place to stay, she typed into a text for her husband. You’ll never believe where. She tucked her phone back into her pocket and cautiously went into the kitchen.

The kitchen was cramped and crowded and so warm from all the body heat that hot chocolate was hardly necessary, but no one seemed to mind. Everyone was talking and laughing. There were decorations here, too; garland traced the top of the cabinets, and paper snowflakes hung from the ceiling.

“Ooh, like, pass a mug back for Casey, please!” Janice called when she saw Casey. “Like, you’re totally rully lucky, Casey. The hot cocoa is like, even better than it was last year!”

“Oh, um—how was it last year?” Casey asked, not sure if she wanted to know.

“Delicious,” Floyd said. “Once a year, Chef manages to make some food that’s actually good!”

“It’s our annual Christmas miracle,” Rowlf said as he handed Casey a mug. “By the way, I’m Rowlf, Rowlf the Dog.”

“Nice to meet you. And, um—thank you,” Casey said, lifting the mug a little. The hot chocolate did smell good…

“Oh, don’t thank me. Thank Chef,” Rowlf said. “Or Christmas, for the miracle…”

“Or Santa Claus,” Floyd suggested.

“SAN-TA! SAN-TA!”

“Heel, Animal!” Floyd shouted. “He’s comin’ soon!”

“SAN-TA!”

“I’d better check on that. ‘Scuse me, babe.” Floyd kissed Janice on the cheek and slipped away into the crowd. “Animal! Down, Animal!”

“Yeah, keep him away from the eggnog,” Rowlf chuckled. “So, where ya from, Casey?”

“New York.” Casey sipped at her hot chocolate.

“Oh, we know New York!” Rowlf said.

“Love that city,” Clifford said. “You from the city?”

Casey nodded and smiled, half-hiding behind her mug as the Muppets started sharing all sorts of stories and memories from New York City.

“Jou remember de salsa lady?” Pepe said. “She was hot, hokay!”

“Yeah, but da salsa was awful,” Rizzo said.

“Who cares about de salsa? I’m talking about de salsa lady, hokay.”

“Yeah, yeah…”

“You guys remember the time we got thrown out of the hot dog place?” Fozzie said.

“Which one?” Gonzo laughed.

Kermit groaned. “Please don’t remind me.”

“Hey Chief, you’ve got some good New York stories, don’t you?” Scooter asked.

“What, you mean from Sesame Street?”

“Yeah, tell us some Sesame stories!”

Kermit laughed. “Well, I could, but I’m pretty sure you all know how to count to three already…”

“I’m not always convinced of that, Boss,” Scooter said, which got a few more laughs.

Casey’s cell phone rang, and she pressed her back against the wall as she pulled the phone out of her pocket. She grinned at the screen and answered the video call. “Hi honey.”

“Alright, I give up. Where are you staying?”

The Muppets quickly quieted each other and eagerly stared at Casey as they tried their best to eavesdrop, but Casey was too busy giggling to notice. “I’m not telling. You wouldn’t believe me.”

“Come on, Casey. Please, tell me?”

“Nuh-uh.”

“Where ARE you?”

“You wouldn’t believe it.”

“Alright, I wouldn’t. So prove it. Where are you staying?”

Casey giggled and peered over her phone, noticing for the first time that all of the Muppets were watching and listening. “You guys wanna say hi?”

“Yeah, let us say hi!”

“Who is it?”

“It’s my husband, Nick.”

“Let us say hi!”

“Okay. Nick… you should maybe sit down.” Casey giggled as she held the phone up so that everyone in the room could see the screen.

“HI NICK!”

“HI NICK!”

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

“MERRY CHRISTMAS, NICK!”

“JOUR WIFE’S HOT!”

“Pepe!”

Casey laughed so hard she nearly spilled her hot chocolate. She brought the phone back down to her own eye level and looked at the screen. “Nick?” She stared at the screen for a moment, and then she giggled again. “Nick? You okay, honey?”

There didn’t seem to be any response, and the Muppets snickered. “Blame Pepe!” someone called out.

But Nick recovered. “Casey… how…”

She started to explain. “Well, I ran into Miss Piggy at the baggage claim, and—” Casey could feel the diva watching her, and she coughed. “And… the next thing I knew, I was here!”

Kermit started laughing again.

“…Well… Next time you get stranded in L.A. on Christmas Eve, can I come with?” Nick asked.

Casey laughed. “I hope so.”

“I was actually calling because Tasha wants to talk to you.”

“Oh, put her on!”

Little Tasha appeared on the screen. “Hi Mommy!”

“Hi Tasha, honey!”

“Mommy, is Santa gonna know to bring your presents THERE if you can’t come home?”

Casey’s breath caught for a moment. “Oh… Well, Tasha, he—Santa—probably knows I’m here, but—he knows I’m coming home soon, so he’ll probably still bring my presents there with yours.”

“But then you won’t have any presents to open tomorrow!” Casey sounded heartbroken at the idea.

The Muppets glanced at each other. Scooter whispered something to Miss Piggy, and more whispers continued to spread.

“That’s okay, honey,” Casey said. “I’ll open my presents with you and Daddy, when I get home… in a couple days.”

“But Santa’s supposed to bring presents on Christmas!” Tasha said. “You’re supposed to get PRESENTS tomorrow!”

“I know, honey, but there’s more to Christmas than presents,” Casey said. She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. “It’ll be okay. I can wait for presents.”

“But won’t Santa bring them THERE for you?” Tasha asked. “You should put milk and cookies out for him. Maybe then he’ll bring your presents to you.”

“Maybe. We’ll see,” Casey said quietly.

Scooter cleared his throat. “Anyone else have a little more shopping to do?” he said loudly as he made his way towards the door.

“Oh I do, actually!” Kermit said quickly. “Fozzie, you wanna come with?”

“Moi could always use another trip to the mall,” Miss Piggy said easily.

“How do you know none of the gifts I have to get are for you?” Kermit asked.

A few more whispers filtered through the room, but Casey didn’t notice any of them as she slipped back into the living room to talk to her daughter.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Love it, love it, LOVE it. Salsa lady, hot chocolate, thank Christmas for the miracle, Floyd, Janice, Rowlf, PEPE!! Brilliance all around. But the highlight is obviously the adorable Tasha. What a brilliant emotional tug as we're all laughing at everything else... you are way too good at that. But everyone knows that. YOU know that. But anyway. Excellent work, the description of the decorations is amazing. Perfect, even. I need more to copy--erm... base my work off of.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Ah,Ah,Ah,Ah,Ah!!! And the love increases exponentially! Oh this story is so uplifting and...as you yourself put it...adorable! And, (As has been said before) Rowlf, Janice and Floyd, Scooter, Pepe, Piggy!!! You rock, hokey? Post more soon, and happy Hanukkah! :big_grin:

P.S. Mr. The Prawn, it makes me feel good a master is copying my mentor. At least I'm not the only one. :wink:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ah yes, Prawnie's quite the copy-master. (Or something like that.) Apparently, it's all my fault he started his latest hilarious story...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Aww, such a sweet phone call with her husband and daughter and then Scooter piping up with the "anyone have more shopping to do" was so sweet too! And New York stories! And Sesame Street reference! And I love this! And how many more sentences can I start with the word and?? MORE PLEASE!