A Muppet Family Gathering.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 17.

Once the movies were over, the gangs divided into their own separate clumps... It was a handful sorting out who was staying where, making sure there were enough beds and pillows and blankets to go around... But somehow they managed to make it all work out, that's just the spirit of the season. Night came and went, bringing with it a restful night's sleep for all dwelling within the creepy confines of the Count's gothic doomicile. The Swedish Chef and Sadie were up making breakfast, aided by others carrying dishes here and there, lending their talents to chopping up chocolate chips for the pancakes or hot chocolate, or inserting raisins into the cornbread mixture. Bacon sizzled in the pan and rich maple syrup dripped over the stacks, the guests all glad to be here for the holidays.

Honks drew the attention of those playing out in the snow, as two buses screeched to a halt just outside the castle's main entrance.
The first bus dropped off its passengers before resuming its normal travels, the other parked in the caverns below.
Both parties merged wishing all inside a happy holidays, before being individually counted up.
Chester, Masterson, Tattooey, and Yolanda, the Rats, quickly made their way to the kitchen, smelling out the breakfast's leftovers.
A few more friends from Sesame Street included Placido Flamingo, Meryl Sheep, Elizabeth and her cat Little Murray Sparkles, Forgetful Jones who had to be reminded where he was, Clementine, Buster the Horse, Polly Darton, and Sam the Robot towering behind them.
The crews from Muppets Tonight and the Jim Henson Hour emerged from the crowds, led by Bobo the Bear Guard who drove them to their destination home. Johnny Fiama and Sal Manilla were glad to get off the bus, as were Dr. Phil van Neuter and Mulch, Seymour who embraced his old partner Pepe, Andy and Randy Pigs who just scrambled around in the snow, the lovely Spamela Hamderson, Bill the Bubble Guy blowing little frosted-over crystaline bubbles, the Elvisses dressed in their signature white jumpsuits, Polly Lobster and Clueless Morgan, and Zippity-Zap. The lobster and goat decided to set up shop in the dungeonous lounge's bar, making good use of the various potion bottles and flasks filling requests from the many souls gathered at the castle.
Waldo C. Graphic amused himself flying through the corridors, changing form making others laugh, even confusing and puzzling Abby from time to time. Leon and Lindburgh helped themselves to some snacks, while Vicky helped out where she could since she was the only one besides Scooter with a clipboard capable of directing traffic amongst the colorful chaos. Jo-Jo the Dog ran off over to play in the snow with Muppy, who came with J.P. Grosse, and Barkley. The White Lion merely settled himself upon the castle's porch's lower railing, so as not to topple the structure beneath its massive marbled weight.

More Muppets kept filing past the open doors, it seemed as if almost anyone who was everyone had converged on the site of the vampiric haunted home. The Count was happy to have a distinguished artist such as Angus Magonigle here, now the rest of the gargoyles could harmonize their garglings. Bobby Benson smiled taking a seat nearby the rest of the band, Crazy Harry and Droop were there, along with George the Janitor and Mildred Huxtetter dancing beneath the spidery chandelier in the ballroom. Hilda, the Muppets wardrobe lady was glad to breathe in the cold air surrounding this old haunt, bringing back memories of her own childhood. Gaffer the Cat spied one of the rats, chasing after it in a hurried heartbeat. J.P. Grosse made a beeline for the Count's side to talk business, hoping he'd sell the land rights, only changing tactics when he spotted his nephew and the rest of his family. Irving Bizarre started up an amiable conversation, attempting to become the new agent for Mahna Mahna and the Snowths. Marvin Suggs pounded out a tune on some snowballs he arranged, before he had to defend himself from an oncoming flurry as Lewis Kazagger covered the brewing blizzardly battle. Thog was happy to be out of the theater, hanging blinking light bulbs upon the tree's branches while Big Bird placed the fake candy canes on other evergreen stems. Wayne and Wanda tried to get in a quick song or dance routine, but their luck held even though the icy surface they skated upon did not. Finally, everybody listened to the Newsman's report of how there were only nine shopping days left before Christmas, just before one of Lew Zealand's boomerang fish sailed over conking the reporter in the forehead by accident.

This holiday time was proving to be a grand one indeed, what with almost a hundred and fifty Muppets congregated in one place at the same time. You'd think that no place on Earth would be big enough to accomodate them all. The Muppet family extended farther than just those already present, nay, it had tentacles reaching every point of the globe. When you thought there couldn't be any more room, even more relatives showed up as they most definitively would soon enough.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh wow! I love this latest chapter Ed! It's so nice to see everyone around for the holidays! A nice respite in this swealtering weather too. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Sara, just finished a few edits. BTW: If you could, I'd need the song sung about Emmett Otter's grandmother's bathing suit. And I wonder if you noticed what was going on during the home movies.
Well, see you guys later.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 18.

The hour was late, evening was approaching, there was still some wintery daylight left. Kermit had decided to get some time to himself... Just him and his thought so to speak. A call earlier informed him that Piggy had finished her Christmas shopping, and would be just a teensy-weensy bit late getting to the Muppets party. "Great, just like last time" Kermit said to himself, settling down on a smooth-surfaced rock facing the partially frozen river's trickling murmurs.

The still air soothed the frog, bringing back memories of long-ago wobegon days of his youth down in the swamps of Leeland. Back when most of the world was new to him, thinking of that time his sister threw his banjo into the river. The banjo's magical chords still sung to him, submerged in the muck and the mire... Or was he just dreaming that?
"Huh?" wondered the amphibian, half-waking up from his drowsy dozing. "Wha's..."
He noticed voices, singing a faintly familiar song, as it approached closer and closer to the monstruous mansion.

Two distinct voices, that of a maternal riverside otter and another belonging to her son, sounded far away at first, though slowly gaining in strength. They were accompanied by the plucking of a banjo and the swishing of paddles against the river's icy waters.
Both: "Long, long ago.
There lived a lady.
Simple but elegant, as any on the shore."
Emmett Otter: "She was known for her generous silhouette," Both: "And yeeett..."
Alice Otter: "She was known even more for," Both: "the bathing suit she wore."

Emmet Otter: "Sweet Grandma's eyes, how they could charm you.
Five generations of loving friends she made.
Alice Otter: "All the children enjoyed her, in many ways," Both: "Somedaaays..."
Emmett Otter: "When the sun was a scorcher," Both: "Grandma Otter was their shade."

Both, harmonizing: "Even so it was her bathing suit that made her famous it was almost heaven sent.
Many times when it was drying on the line a tourist would mistake it for a circus tent!"

"Ahoy Emmett!" greeted Kermit from his stony perch, now sitting upright, his legs tucked beneath his body.
"Hey Kermit... We'll be there soon!" replied the young otter, his body clad in protective winter clothing.

Both: "Now she has gone.
Now she has left us."
Alice Otter: "Left with sweet memories."
Emmett Otter: "And left with something more."
Alice Otter: "We've made curtains," Emmett Otter: "And handkerchiefs."
Alice Otter: "And clothing for the" Both: "poooooor..."
Both: "From the one bathing suit that your grandma otter wore.
From the one bathing suit that your grandma otter wore."
The barge docked just next to where Kermit had been resting, as the musicians from Frogtown Hollow disembarced. Alice and Emmett Otter introduced Wendell Porcupine, who spoke in a somewhat muffled voice and had a blowing jug at his side, Harvey Beaver who led the acoustics on his cigar box harmonica, and Charlie Muskrat providing a bit of backup vocals on his guitar. Doc Bullfrog had travelled down this far as well, closing up his Riverside Restaurant for the winter months. Three men got off from the sailing vessel also: Jim with his banjo, Frank aided by his trusty bass guitar, and Jerry on the fiddle.

They sauntered off in the direction of the castle's rear side bay windows, knocking on it politely so they'd be heard over the din of conversation taking place in the study. Pleasantries exchanged, mugs of hot chocolate and cookies were handed out.

Ed needed to step out for a moment, checking on just where he had left the toys added to the figure collection, before moving to the front door where a brief argument erupted. Bobo, who was placed on security detail at the front entrance, was denying access to a band of forest roaming critters. Though their home was in Woodland Valley, they braved the trek through the weird frightful forest reaching the Muppets' celebration. A little Lemur was jabbering away in an unintelligible speech, as the female bear cub attempted to translate for him. Upon being informed of the situation, the Count himself and Kermit were called in to make sure these weren't uninvited gate crashers. The frog checked the list, frowning slightly at Bobo for keeping out his own cousin.
"Sheesh... We told you before Bobo, they're on the list."
"Oh, so sorry about that sir... Go on in then" apologized Bobo from behind his desk.
"Thanks Kermit... Sometimes it's a bit troubling dealing with relatives" Bear said leading his troop indoors.
"Yeah, tell me about it" the frog said a bit annoyed yet happy that another part of the gang had made it.
Bear presented everyone: Ojo the Bear Cub, entrusted into his protective care, Treelo the Lemur, Pip and Pop Otters, Tutter the Mouse who was already making small talk with some of the littler Muppets, Lois the Loon who got stuck on phone patrol, and a high Irish-accented girl of whom only her outline was visible given she was nothing more than a living Shadow.

Dinner was served a little later, great dishes for all to feast upon. The master vampire was delighted with all present so far... Though Fozzie and two of the Three Candles' sisters still hoped that the rest of their families would get there safely before the holidays were over.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! Two great updates! I loved the entrance of Emmet Otter and of the Bear in the Big Blue House gang. You're really not leaving anyone out are you? It's great! I'm looking forward to more and I'm so sorry I haven't had the chance to update my own story! It's been one crazy week!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm glad to be doing lyrics help too! ...I wonder if me and Scoot will get a song perhaps? :wink:

I mean I'm helping so much arn't I? *laughs* Just kiddin' around actually, but either way, I am LOVING this story Ed! I can't wait for more! Just sent you the next song lyrics you needed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Just bringing in everybody who I think should be here. Thanks Sara, what I need now is descripts of the core cast of GOFH. Contacted Kim, she responded, hence the edit to my post.

Not sure if you'll get a song though. Honestly, I've got only so far as the next two chapters planned out bringing in Muppet characters and Hensonville/MC members. After that, I'm not sure how the storyline will pan out. But there's a bit more I got in mind, so I'll just go about that first.
Take care, and good night.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh Ed! I was kidding around!! I'm really happy to help out with this story. It's coming along so nicely, and I really love it. It's a cool story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... We'll see, probably posting later today, no promises though.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
ED!!! Wow!! This thing is amazing!! So many Muppets and so many people here from MC!! I loved the scene with Lisa and I in the car that was great! And the SS arival was awesome!! I love this so much! More please!! :smile: