A Sanford and Son movie in 2007

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Definitely. Besides, no one could call Lamont "dummy" quite like Red Foxx. Foxx had a poetic, almost Shakespearean way of hurling insults at those around him.:big_grin:
Oh yeah, Redd Foxx was a genius!

One of my favorite insults (sort of) was when Julio's goat, Chico, got loose in the house, and Julio comes over to get him, Fred says, in fake Spanish "Hey! You, and 'el goat-ay' need to 'go-ay' 'away-ay'!"

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Fred: All you got to do is enlist Esther in the navy. That way, you can have her face buried at sea!

----------------------------

Bubba (to Esther): What do you know about the Mortician's Digest?
Fred: She posed for the centerfold!

-----------------------------

Fred: Esther, what are you doing here?
Esther: What do you mean what am I doing here?
Fred: Wolfwomen don't come out until there's a full moon!

------------------------------

(Esther sits on the couch)

Fred: My poor couch! I bet you never been sat on by a buffalo!

-------------------------------

Fred: I can see my tombstone. "Fred Sanford 1908-1975. Died from an overdose of ugly!"

--------------------------------

Fred: Polly-Esther, that's you. Half woman, half parrot.

---------------------------------

Lamont: She's gonna be competing with her own peers.
Fred: Her peers?
Lamont: Yes.
Fred: You mean Godzilla is in the contest?

Gotta love Redd Foxx. Definitely one-of-a-kind. Irreplaceable!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
FRED: I like the way he spells his name with two 'D's and two 'X's.
LAMONT: Yeah, I wonder why he does that?
FRED: Well I don't know why he got all them 'D's in there, but I saw one of his night club acts once, and I KNOW why he got all them 'X's!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Fred: Let me tell you something Esther, every time I see your face, it makes me wish birth control was retroactive.

and that's another thing.. who in the world could they get to play Esther?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
anytimepally said:
who in the world could they get to play Esther?
Well, I could bruise my sister real good to the point she looks black, give her an Esther wig, and voila!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought the Dudley Do-Right movie was PRETTY good... it COULD have been better... but it was only PRETTY good.

The movie had 3 things wrong with it IMO:

1) Much like her husband was totally all wrong for the Inspector gadget role, she was all wrong as Nell. While Nell did have moments of being feministic in the original cartoon (especially in the last episode when she became a lawyer for Snidely Whiplash, getting him completely off the hook), she was way too much of an independant thinker.

2) they tried too hard to make it like the George of the Jungle movie and not hard enough to make it like the Dudley Do-Right cartoon. Even going to the extent of hiring an ex-Python.

3) while some episodes have references to television and other things that didn't exist in that era (much like Mr. Peabody) the series took place at the close of the 19th century, not the close of the 20th. They modernized it and just didn't realize how that would effect the film.

But I did enjoy it the first couple of times I watched it. And hey! it had a new Fractured Fairy tale written by Bill Scott Himself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, I watched the movie when it was played on TV, I never did see the new Fractured Fairy Tale, but I HAVE heard of it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Out of the two Geroge of the jungle was way better!

Drtooth

Reaction score
George of the Jungle was just about the only good Disney live action cartoon remake. I also liked Mr.Magoo on the princile that I like Leslie Neilsen flicks. Inspector gadget I liked initially, but after I tried to watch it again, It was too hard to watch. And Underdog flopped the worst of all.