A Sanford and Son movie in 2007

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Let me just say if I hear the words "Perfect Strangers Remake" and "Will Ferrel" in the same sentence, I will shave my head bald, and become a vegan.
Will Ferrell as Larry, and Adam Sandler as Balki!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I feel a tad bit better knowing it's an inferior cash driven remake than an inferior cash driven knockoff.
I didn't even know this new film had anything to do with Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I knew there was talk of yet another remake, but this new take seems much more of a sci-fi action flick than the '56 or '78 versions (I haven't seen the 1993 one).

How about the upcoming remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, starring Keanu Reeves as Klaatu?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
That's very true. I mean, how many TV shows-turned-movies were really successful? I can think of only a few:

The Untouchables
The Addams Family
The Fugitive
The Brady Bunch Movie
Mission: Impossible

I heard that Garry Marshall wants to turn Happy Days into a Broadway musical!
And then there are the ones that laid an egg...

The Avengers
The Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
Dudley Do-Right
The Dukes of Hazzard
The Honeymooners
Inspector Gadget
Leave It to Beaver
Lost in Space
The Mod Squad
My Favorite Martian
Starsky & Hutch
Thunderbirds
Wild Wild West

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Speaking of The Honeymooners...

When it (briefly) ran in theaters, it was rated PG-13. When it was released on DVD, it was re-edited for a PG. There was no alternative. There was only a PG-rated version available, with no explanation of why or what the reason was for the rating change. Weird.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought the Dudley Do-Right movie was PRETTY good... it COULD have been better... but it was only PRETTY good.