A Sanford and Son movie in 2007

Teheheman

Reaction score
I don't understand this "adapting classic TV shows into movies for the new generation" thing at all. Why do they need to do this?
$......anymore questions? There are actually very few TV Shows that can make it to the big screen. The problem is that you don't have the magic you once did. I heard a rumor that Magnum PI was supposed to be in the works and that they did a poll and Tom Selleck finished first in who fans wanna see play Magnum. THAT'S what I would wanna see. The people who played the people(and are still alive, don't dig em up and play em like marionettes) and do it that way. Anything else just looks kinda stupid.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
$......anymore questions?
$ can't be the reason if they never make money off of these. These movies are mostly terrible. And who wants to bet they're going to make the characters out of place with the modern world? Hillarious! They could play a cd on a record player.... and not know how to program a VCR... oh wait, both those things are obsolete too.

I will say the Addams Family was one of the too few good ones, and it was brillaintly done. But the rest of them are pathetic. The Honeymooners? I totally forgot about that one. Don't get me wrong, I love Cedric the Entertainer, but what was the call to make it? There wasn't any. There's no $ to be made.

But then again, Hollywood is filled with idiots that produce the dumb dumb dumbest crap alive. The same chop shop horror flick, the same bumbling, raucous fart joke family movie, the same junk over and over....

Is the Invasion supposed to be a remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers? If not, that's total theft of intellectual property. And yet, they sue Youtube.... hmmmmmm....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Is the Invasion supposed to be a remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers? If not, that's total theft of intellectual property. And yet, they sue Youtube.... hmmmmmm....
Actually yeah it's perfectly legal to remake old movies like that as long as they do all the preliminary stuff. Like paying whoever owns the rights to the film etc. ::shrugs::

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually was wondering if the Invasion was a remake or just stealing thematic points to make a movie that's exactly the same. And I think WB did make the original (or at least the first remake) of Body Snatchers.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I actually was wondering if the Invasion was a remake or just stealing thematic points to make a movie that's exactly the same. And I think WB did make the original (or at least the first remake) of Body Snatchers.
All of the Invasion movies come from the same source material. A 1955 novel called The Body Snatchers, by Jack Finney.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1956 (Allied Artists)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1978 (United Artists)

Body Snatchers - 1993 (Warner Bros.)

The Invasion - 2007 (Warner Bros.)

Personally, I prefer the '78 version out of the four, with Donald Sutherland and Leonard Nimoy. It has a few very creepy scenes, and a cameo from Kevin McCarthy (who starred in the '56 film), still ranting and raving "They're coming for you!"

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Actually yeah it's perfectly legal to remake old movies like that as long as they do all the preliminary stuff. Like paying whoever owns the rights to the film etc. ::shrugs::
In this case, it would probably be paying the estate of Jack Finney, who wrote the original novel The Body Snatchers on which the movies were based.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In this case, it would probably be paying the estate of Jack Finney, who wrote the original novel The Body Snatchers on which the movies were based.
Hmm, yeah you're probably right! :smile::feels slightly ignorant:: lol) Thanks for the info. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel a tad bit better knowing it's an inferior cash driven remake than an inferior cash driven knockoff.

Let me just say if I hear the words "Perfect Strangers Remake" and "Will Ferrel" in the same sentence, I will shave my head bald, and become a vegan.