1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

1. I don't know, with the world we live in today, I think The Simpsons is pretty much a "family show" now.
    2. From time to time, yeah... after a while, though, they start to cramp my jaw from chewing so much.
    3. Nope, I'm with ya on this one! On most burgers, I only like ketchup and pickles, though when it comes to Sonic's burgers, then I don't mind a little mayo and lettuce, but still no mustard or tomator.
    4. No, not really... older people think more of me than people my own age do.
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Am the only one in the US that reads Asterix or Lucky Luke comics?
  3. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I guess so, because I've never heard of them!
  4. Pork Active Member

I used to read Asterix Comics. But I"m not in Us. hehe
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

If you like whimsical cartoony comic books with great artwork and stories, sort of like Carl barks or Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck comics, you'd love Asterix. You can find Asterix comic albums in certain book stores (Barnes and nobles may have them,). Lucky Luke is much harder to find. Out of 50 volumes, only 6 are available in English, unlike Asterix's entire catellogue (except the volume "How Obelix fell into the potion when he was a Baby" which has been out of print in English for years.

If you go to your Library and they have them, I encourage you to at least flip through them.
  6. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

1. Yes, I absolutly agree with you. I just dont find it funny at all
    2.?
    1. I was watching it since I was 4. There are a few episodes that arent exactly appropriate for kids to watch though, but for the most part there really isnt too much in itt
    2. Gummies are the BEST
    3. While I can tolerate burger kings junior whoppers, I really hate things on my hamburger. Although I enjoy chicken sandwiches with lettuice and ketchup, not mayo
    4. I dont think so, maybe some people are like that, but Ihave never met any
  7. WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

1. Seasons 1-3 were good, 4 was all right, 5 was when it began going downhill and so far, 6 really sucks. The episodes weren't so bad when they had a plot. That's just my 2 cents though.
    2. OMG, yes!
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, I feel the show has become sloppy since they clearly put more focus onto American Dad, which just keeps getting better with every episode. The cutaways have become just pasted in and random at most spots. They were always a part of the show, but they had much better setups.

A good set up is the "Pinball Number Count" gag in which it's sort of related to the plot (the set up was "You won't believe what I had to go through today.")

A bad set up example is "Immagrants need rights as much as my cousin Peter Pig needs houses." Makes no sense, very awkward, and the cut away wasn't even funny or clever.
  9. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who...

Is easily irritated by the small tag of the back of my shirt (in the neck area) that I just rip it off?
  10. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

OMG! I thought I was the only one too!

Yeah, I HATE those tags! They drive me bezerk! Everytime I buy a new shirt, sweater, etc, I HAVE to cut the tags off first thing. As far as undershirts are concerned, I'm glad Hanes and Fruit of the Loom started making "tagless" shirts, so that's a relief right there.
  11. MrsPepper Active Member

Drtooth, I can't find the original post but I crack up like CRAZY at the Cheat's cartoons! The lines that get me is "I need someone to kick me in the face." "I can do it. I will do it 9 times. ... I was saving that last one for 3 seconds ago"

And I use to read Asterix in school. But as french comics go, Tintin is where it's at!
  12. Pork Active Member

Yeah, Tintin is great.
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Tin Tin's good too.. But I just like how Tintin is imperialistic and Asterix is anti-imperialistic (after all, the Gauls really hate the Romans, and always come out on top). I just got into Lucky Luke last month, since I heard about this movie they were showing in France and parts of Canada. Of course, it's a French parody of American culture we stole from the Mexicans. (Look it up! All our Cowboy Culture was stolen from them).

I want to add, am I the only one who hasn't seen a McDonald's in a Mall food Court until last year? Seems to me, they either have Burger King, Taco Bell (sometimes both), and a bunch of odd little places you can only find in malls. I mean, that Chinese food isn't as good as the little Mom and Pop places you find every 2 blocks in your hometown.
  14. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who gets bothered if things are too close to their neck? Like, those pull over hoodies. I just want to take scissors and cut the neck. Certain shirts I cant wear because the neck is touching mine. And necklaces, I cant wear necklaces if they are too close to my neck.

AM I the only one who gets irritated when calling someon who has alltel and has to listen to "Pleas enjoy Alltels access ringbacks while your party is reached." every time?
  15. BabyScooter New Member

your not wierd I also don't think paris hilton is that attractive and I don't like summer tempurtures either.

your not wierd I'm the same way for some reason I like mostly like villians in games like neo cortex.

or doc ock and I hate movies that have gross stuff all the time.
  16. WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

~Prefers Don Bluth to Disney (I love disney movies, don't get me wrong but I find Don Bluth much more exciting because they're darker and less sugarcoated--especially in Anastasia and All Dogs Got To Heaven)
    ~Thinks High School Musical is nauseating. XP
    ~likes the Beatles (who doesn't?) but can't compare them to The Who. I worship The Who. Seriously. <3
    ~despises reality TV
    ~has a crush on a muppet (Told ya I'm screwed up. I've wanted to marry Animal since I was 2. XD And Crazy Harry can be cute sometimes. Insanity= Alluring :p)
    ~loves rock musicals as opposed to normal ones like The Music Man and The Sound of Music. I don't hate them, but they can be a little dull and annoying, it usually depends on the actor/ress. (My faves are: Hair, Rocky Horror, Little Shop of Horrors, Phantom of the Paradise, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Rent, and Tommy. ;) )
    ~finds Angelina Jolie gross but would love to go on a date with Gwen Stefani. (I'm bi, in case you were a bit confused. XD)
    ~can play piano, acoustic guitar, clarinet, and drums. I want to learn sax as well. =D)
    ~has gotten stitches from being bit on the lip by a dog. (A Pomerainian...those things are evil...I was only 4. X_X)
  17. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

1. I LOVE Don Bluth's movies, though I can't say I prefer one or the other... more like I'd take a delicate balance of both.
    2. No, you're not the only one.
    3. Not sure, never really listened to the Who.
    4. Again, you're not the only one, I think just about everyone here despises Reality TV. I will admit, though, I like an occasional Nanny 911.
    5. I think there was once a heated debate here about who Janice "belongs" to.
    6. I'm not the musical type, I'm afraid.
    7. You're bi? Cool... but serious, I'm with you about Angelina Jolie... I mean... good Lord, I'd hate to bump into her in a dark alley in the middle of a stormy night!
    8. I used to play the piano.
    9. Hey, ALL dogs are evil (except for Courage, lol), but the only time I had stitches was in the back of my throat when I had my tonsils taken out.
  18. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I've gotta say I love Angelina and Gwen. I'd rather go on a date with Gwen because she's sweet whereas Angelina is just scary hahaha.
  19. WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

^YES! =D

I've changed my mind about Animal...he no longer owns my heart. It's all about Dr. Teeth now. XP
  20. wwfpooh New Member

Ditto. His popularity killed the regular Nicktoon regulars and made sure hits like Invader ZIM were ousted quickly.
    Ditto, although I ironically love swimming during the summer.
    Think? I KNOW she's not all that, considering she is partly why former Disney starlets Britney Spears & Lindsay Lohan are so screwed up in the head, currently and why Miley Cyrus may just be heading down that road once she is free of her dad's control as parent.
    Ditto. The only meat on my pizza that I can stand is hamburger.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.