Amazon to offer Nickelodeon "Burn-On-Demand" titles

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^

Yeah, it's a little strange that they'd be charging so much more for the DVD version, but I'm going to wait for people to buy some of them first, and then review it, so I'll know about quality and such.

I'd like to avoid getting the episodes through iTunes. You're stuck playing them on your iPod, and it's DRM locked to boot. Yuck :cry:

Well maybe they are just testing the waters before then get back into things. I mean they have a pretty huge library.
That's one of the theories being tossed around, and I hope it's a possibility.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I like the idea of burn-on-demand, but I wish they'd use it for short-lived series that won't otherwise get a DVD release instead of things like this, which probably will get a release someday

wwfpooh

Reaction score
instead of things like this, which probably will get a release someday
Well, ever since Jenkins went to Disney with the series, I doubt Doug will get a release, considering how Disney & Nick are always at odds.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ I don't think putting the original series out "properly" would be much of an issue, because I think they still own those first few seasons (a few years ago I even saw some episodes on Nicktoons Network). But the "Brand Spankin' New" series they definitely couldn't. I don't really mind about that though, the Nick version was 20 times better.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
^ I don't think putting the original series out "properly" would be much of an issue, because I think they still own those first few seasons.
I thought Jim Jenkins owned all episodes of Doug.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that Viacom should release the Nickelodeon version and Disney should release the sucky version. But since Nickelodeon isn't gonna release anything since Pete and Pete didn't sell well, nor did Clarissa. I'm sure that if they sold well, we'd see more like Salute Your Shorts or Hey Dude on DVD. Disney doesn't put anything out that isn't aimed toward Tweenagers on DVD, so we're screwed there. Oh well, this might be the best we got.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney doesn't put anything out that isn't aimed toward Tweenagers on DVD, so we're screwed there. Oh well, this might be the best we got.
I've been angry at those Raggin Fraggin' sonafrakkkin' Tweenagers for some time. It's like the only kids' media is for preschoolers (the rise in terrible Dora clones- even Mickey had to be shoehorned into one... am I right, Pooh?), and Tweenagers... it's like the kids 6-11 somehow disappeared. like there was a 6 year gape where people stopped having kids. I've SEEN 10 year old boys in stores recently. It's not like they don't exist.

But what burns my butt? I still don't like how companies choose to release certain shows and neglect others. WHO THE SHELL WANTS WHAT'S HAPPENING? Every single TV show that just came out gets a big fat box set, and shows that people would actually buy sit in mothballs. I don't see why Nick can't sublicense these shows like they did with Invader Zim. Unless of course they're stuck in between the "we don't want to lose any profits we could get, but we aren't actually persuing them" crap that Kept Ghostbusters off DVD for 3 years, leaving Time Life to have to release it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
even Mickey had to be shoehorned into one... am I right, Pooh
Yes, you are. The same would apply to my username-sake being made into a lackluster detective, too.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I thought Jim Jenkins owned all episodes of Doug.
if this were true, it wouldn't matter that Nick & Disney were at odds, b/c Jenkins would have to license the episodes himself to get DVDs released.. and Doug wouldn't be a part of the Nick-Amazon deal