Amazon to offer Nickelodeon "Burn-On-Demand" titles

wwfpooh

Reaction score
and Doug wouldn't be a part of the Nick-Amazon deal
How do you know? A lot of things that've been licensed by their creators have made to Amazon for burning purposes. But, Jim Jenkins did create both versions, even if Nick & Disney were the ones to air the respective versions.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I will give Disney credit, they are a lot better with their older cartoons than Nick is since they DID release TaleSpin, DuckTales, and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers on DVD. Along with assorted Mickey cartoons but still, I think they just wanna get the tween "I have my parents money and I don't care what I spend it on" crowd.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will give Disney credit, they are a lot better with their older cartoons than Nick is since they DID release TaleSpin, DuckTales, and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers on DVD. Along with assorted Mickey cartoons but still, I think they just wanna get the tween "I have my parents money and I don't care what I spend it on" crowd.
Of course, Disney isn't planning on finishing them up. No plans for Darkwing Duck Volume 3, and no The Tick volume 3 (even though they only own that due to Saban?) Bullcrap. Just finish them all off so we have legal, legit, good quality versions and not have to go with the bootlegs...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, they only put out the first volumes of em to see if they sold well, if they did, then the other volumes would follow, then the whole series would be on DVD which sucks but what can ya do? This, for however stupid it may sound, is a good way of getting to see if there's a market out there for these old cartoons. Then maybe they will have a real DVD out there soon.

Daniel

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There is a market to those old cartoons, just as there's a market for Muppet stuff. The problem? The market demographic for those things is different than the teenybopper demographic that Disney appeals to.

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's why they are teaming them up with all those Disney "stars" for that Studio DC thing. To get the tweenyboppers interested in them by promoting them with the stars they already love.

Daniel

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's why they are teaming them up with all those Disney "stars" for that Studio DC thing. To get the tweenyboppers interested in them by promoting them with the stars they already love.

Daniel
But the bad stigma that some people have been toting for years doesn't help to get people to see beyond what's in front of them (i.e. to see past the fact that The Muppets are puppets). So, how can Disney hope to get interest in The Muppets if they have people in their own divisions who feel like puppets are for babies (ex: those hack writers for the "Pancake" Hannah episode)? I mean, you know that for fans of the Tweens, whatever the Tweens say--even if it is not really them, but rather, the written script--is practically law.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Of course, Disney isn't planning on finishing them up. No plans for Darkwing Duck Volume 3, and no The Tick volume 3 (even though they only own that due to Saban?) Bullcrap. Just finish them all off so we have legal, legit, good quality versions and not have to go with the bootlegs...

I'm still waiting for them to finish up Ducktales (which, if they had gone by their previous release patterns, the final season would've been out in a few months). I doubt it sold that poorly.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Again, as I said, it's all up to money and demographics, plain & simple.