Amazon to offer Nickelodeon "Burn-On-Demand" titles

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But since Nickelodeon isn't gonna release anything since Pete and Pete didn't sell well, nor did Clarissa.

Daniel
You wanna know the real reason why Pete And Pete season three didn't get released. Well, on the commentary of season one the creators were bragging about how they had all this indy music on there show that they didn't have to pay for or anythign. Well it's tunes out that the first toe season's did sell well. So well in fact that for when "Polaris" who's the name of the band who played the theme song found out, they wanted a bunch of money from the previous released seasons and for season there. So the release of season three was canceled very soon after this.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Maybe if this whole "CreateSpace" thing works out well, Disney would consider finishing off the shows this way? It's better than nothing :/

wwfpooh

Reaction score
You wanna know the real reason why Pete And Pete season three didn't get released. Well, on the commentary of season one the creators were bragging about how they had all this indy music on there show that they didn't have to pay for or anythign. Well it's tunes out that the first toe season's did sell well. So well in fact that for when "Polaris" who's the name of the band who played the theme song found out, they wanted a bunch of money from the previous released seasons and for season there. So the release of season three was canceled very soon after this.
Serves 'em right for bragging.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, but that doesn't really explain Clarissa. I mean, why did they only release one season or volume or whatever? Plus, what about Salute Your Shorts? That was such a short lived show, they could just put the whole series on 2 DVDs with some extras or something for like $30. That show is in the top 10 in series wanted by the fans on TVShowsonDVD.com, so that should tell ya something

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Serves 'em right for bragging.
They wern't really bragging. But that had to be creative because they wern't given the kind of budget to afford music rights of major bands. I mean one song from a major band would put them back like 80,000 in the hole or something. So the musics they used in the show was much cheaper than that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I can say is SMURF the live action sitcoms. I want ALL the Nicktoons on DVD. Well, maybe not Rocket Power (Gad was that lame), but definately Doug, Rocko, Monsters, and like that.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Ah yes, I forgot about Aa! Real Monsters! Maybe they'll consider it for the future :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
God, now THAT was a good Nicktoon. I haven't heard of that one in a long time. I don't even think that's IN the Nick On-Demand thing is it?

Daniel

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I personally liked the skinny checkered one, her name is on the tip of my tongue. And I remember the episode where we got to meet her family, they were pretty strange :smile: Uppercrust monsters, if you can believe it.

Does anyone else feel like, unless the show is super popular like Spongebob or Lost, you can't trust companies to finish what they started? :smirk: