American Idol

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I still don't see any evidence of "rigging" in the US versions. If anything, some rigging last year was in order because the second best candidate won.
"Rigging" goes on all over the place in reality shows, i can't pick out one in the UK that hasn't been 'rigged' in some way, of course not illegally but by manipulation of the voters/contestants, biased editing, and the real doozy - weighting the number of phone lines available for one contestant to mean they can't possibly get as many votes as the other. It all goes on - it's the nature of the business - producers would never give up control of their creations to the mere mortals at home and so the thought of public voting makes them cringe. Seeing as the people who exec produce in the USA are the same and you guys follow our formats exactly (down to the music and stage set) i couldn't see it happening any other way there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Byron

Really? Hmm. To me, she's like the Biance of that group - always in the center when there's more interesting stuff going on behind her. Just never liked her 'tude. I can believe she's a stray. :smile:

Luke

Such things are more closely monitored in the US. Drtooth's comment about the film Quiz Show is why our standards are so strict. It's just a complicated way to go for something so simple. I don't think how that would benefit them - especially this year.

sunday

Reaction score
**** yes kelly's film was soo terrible looking! i hope if clay wins they don't sucker him into something terrible like that.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by sunday
**** yes kelly's film was soo terrible looking! i hope if clay wins they don't sucker him into something terrible like that.
I know what you mean. I'm afraid that if he wins, he'll be too tied down by the American Idol contract instead of the runner-up who will have more freedom and will definitely be getting other offers. Same goes for Reuben.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
I know what you mean. I'm afraid that if he wins, he'll be too tied down by the American Idol contract instead of the runner-up who will have more freedom and will definitely be getting other offers. Same goes for Reuben.
Same here. On the one hand I want him to win, on the other I don't want him to be manipulated by Fox and treated like a commodity. And I agree, same for Ruben. Let's hope whoever wins gets a decent amount of say in what they're doing.
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I've been trying to remember who Clay reminds me of and I realized it was Colin Hanks. Which is appropriate because I liked him alot too in Roswell.:big_grin: :flirt: :excited:

There was something else I was going to say about one of the contestents but now I can't remember.....:confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why does that Julia chick keep getting voted through. She clearly was the one that should have gone last night. :frown:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I thought that Charles and Corey had weaker performances Tuesday than Julia did, though I definitely wasn't surprised to see her in the bottom 3. I thought it was Corey, then Charles, then Julia.
Erin

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought Corey and Carmen were really the weakest. I don't know what it is about Corey's voice, but it just doesn't seem that strong. I guess it's that pseudo falsetto thing. I don't think Charles should have been voted off just yet. He has a better track record than the rest of them. I guess some voters think Julia is attactive, but none of her performances have been that great. The rest of them have had more "shining moments". BTW - Paula is beginning to even annoy me. LOL! :stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I agree, I think Charles should have stayed another week at least. I was for Corey going off. I think Julia, Carmen and Charles will probably go off in the next three weeks...
Erin