American Idol

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I guess the Chicks have always irritated me. Give me Reba, Dolly or Patsy anyday. Just don't get their popularity or Grammy wins. But hey, even Milli Vanilli won a Grammy. :stick_out_tongue:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Uh, they're talented, and have some great songs. lol

You may not like 'em, but you can't deny their talents, particularly the 2 sisters' instrumental prowesses.

As for their popularity, that's kinda amazing, cause they range from really country to kinda rockish---guess fans of either end of the spectrum find somethin' cool about the other end.

sunday

Reaction score
i voted for clay 7 times :big_grin:
he was sooo sweet. awww

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Uh, they're talented, and have some great songs. lol

You may not like 'em, but you can't deny their talents, particularly the 2 sisters' instrumental prowesses.

As for their popularity, that's kinda amazing, cause they range from really country to kinda rockish---guess fans of either end of the spectrum find somethin' cool about the other end.
I think that they are amazing instrumentalists. That's what really impresses me about them, and I think they do some very nice harmonizing too.
Erin

sunday

Reaction score
yes he was! he also likes the same stuff i do and works at the same place. lol

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They can certainly sing and play their instruments, but I have always found them irritating. They kind of have a pushy edge to them too. Just doesn't gel with me. I still don't get why they are popular. Are they really or is it just a press invention?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4

Boston Public creator, David E Kelly, is not a part of Idol and has no stake in the competition. He keeps tight control over all of his creations. I think you're reaching. It's just something that you don't like. It doesn't mean there's rigging going on. She was a talented girl and is being rewarded for that in a show where singing is a plus. The other contestents...well, except for Justin and Kelly, I haven't heard a peep - and I'm not upset my that. LOL!
Have you seen the Movie Quiz show? It's about someone who went on 21, and he became so popular, they fed him the answers, then when the ratings sagged, they gave him the wrong answers in exchange for the privilage to be on some show....

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did see and enjoyed that movie very much (except for Rob Morrow's terribly fake accent). What does that have to do with American Idol? It happened over 50 years ago and changed the standards for television forever. I think you're reaching for some sort of relevance where there is none. Have you seen the contestents? If anything, they are going exactly by the book.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know, but that show completely growls me up the wall...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh.. sorry..

(picks up Telephone) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Not like Roseanne scratching herself at the end of the Natl Anthem blew over fast at all. Heck, I think it's still blowing, isn't it?

She was a fat Lumox back then. Lumoxy people always scratch their butts or other parts in public.

Of course, we completely forgot about Roseanne, especially since they stapled her stomache up.....