American Idol

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Kira's attitude was way too "chip-on-the-shoulder"-y for my tastes, but maybe being called on it so publically will change her tune. Maybe she was just trying to be more of a presence, since that's what they said she needed to work on.

I like the red-headed guy too. I think he should get a guest-spot on Conan, or maybe a mini-me spin-off or something.

The first time I saw Scooter Girl, I was kinda turned off by her style--I thought the "zaniness" was a little too forced or over-the-top. That being said, she's really growing on me this week. I like that she doesn't take herself as seriously as some of the stuffier contestants do. Her sense of humor is starting to work for me--it helps that she talks to her stuffed animals. I've got a soft spot for that kind of thing--I do it myself...

:smile:

I'm getting a little tired of G.I Joe stripper-man and Barbie the wonder-model. They're probably nice people and all, but the way that they're being presented on the show leaves me wanting to see less of them.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, tonight was interesting. I liked the Pope guy, as I think of him, as far as his voice went, but even in the beginning I thought he seemed a little hot to trot and he got really irritating tonight, so I wasn't sorry to see him go. And I thought Alan was way overdue for leaving. I was a little surprised at who stayed and who left; I couldn't believe the redhead made it to the top 32 after he kept forgetting the words, but I'm glad he did. He's just too adorable; reminds me a little of Jim Verraros, though that probably is not a good thing... :concern: Of the other guys, I'm glad Pen Salesman and Clay Guy made it, as well as the Hawaiian and the guy who kinda looks like Russell Crowe. I like purple-haired Amy and tough-girl Brianna, and I think there were several other girls who impressed me but who I can't picture at the moment. Anyway, it should be a pretty good season. :cool:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
Ditto :frown:

I sure hope she comes back on that wild card show......

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Scooter Girl, we will miss you!! :wink: Hope you come back on the wild card show!

As for the others, I will miss the guy who needed to be more young--he was from Norman, Oklahoma, where my wife is from, so we were both rooting for him to go on. I'm surprised at some of the people who were in the room that got cut, but there are a number of people in the top 32 that I don't think we got to hear very much, so hopefully I'll feel better about it when I get to hear them again.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, the guy who looked too old kinda reminded me of Rickey from last year. I really thought he was going to go through.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's not crazy about Fantasia? I think she can sing well, but I'm not thrilled about the tone of her voice. There's just something about it that I find unpleasant. I would much rather have seen Marque (the really cute guy who sang "Wind Beneath My Wings") go through.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I don't exactly dislike Fantasia, but she doesn't really do it for me. I'm not crazy about the tone of her voice either. I think she's got a fun personality and everything, and she' definitely talented, but I don't see what makes her so much better than everyone else who was on that night (which the judges certainly seemed to think). I agree, Marque was sweet, and I thought Erskine was too. Oh well. I think next week I'm rooting for Bre and Michael, so I'll have to see how they do...
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
He's got his own website?? LOL! That's hilarious! :stick_out_tongue: Somebody put waaay too much time and effort into that... He is cute, though, isn't he?
Erin