And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Censored

Reaction score
It's refreshing to know that Tom Petty was a southerner who had no qualms about denouncing it once he realized its implications. He truly had the courage of his convictions and will be missed.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
It's refreshing to know that Tom Petty was a southerner who had no qualms about denouncing it once he realized its implications. He truly had the courage of his convictions and will be missed.
Heck, I even recently saw a black guy driving around with a couple of Confederate flags on his car.
It's refreshing to know that some people realize that, at the end of the day, a flag is just a flag.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's . . . pretty much what I've been saying. Yes, I recognize a flag is a symbol, but it's still an object: it's a piece of cloth. A flag can't feel anything when it's disrespected, and if anything happens to it, it can be replaced; human lives can't. But apparently, many Americans now feel that objects are more important than the loss of human lives.

Censored

Reaction score
That's . . . pretty much what I've been saying. Yes, I recognize a flag is a symbol, but it's still an object: it's a piece of cloth. A flag can't feel anything when it's disrespected, and if anything happens to it, it can be replaced; human lives can't. But apparently, many Americans now feel that objects are more important than the loss of human lives.
No, no. A flag is just a flag when it's convenient for the right-wing agenda. A flag is also sacred when it serves the right-wing agenda.

Censored

Reaction score
I've never seen anybody on the right take that kind of an attitude toward the flag.
In regard to why we should not be offended by the confederate flag: "It's refreshing to know that some people realize that, at the end of the day, a flag is just a flag."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There are serious crime rates of rape, murder, and property theft and people everywhere are making big deals over flags. :rolleyes: welcome to America.