And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
One thing that people have not understood in this Kapernick controversy of kneeling before the flag is --- why has he been kneeling when it all started with him seated. A veteran talked to him early on and told him that many service members kneel as a way to show respect for "the fallen" and that, in its way, still shows reverence to the flag. By the opinions of many service members and many black athletes, kneeling before the flag during the anthem shows reverence to both the flag and the fallen. For me, that just ends the controversy right there.

Also, the fact that so many white people keep telling POC how and when they can protest goes to the very root of racial discrepancies and how people are treated differently in this country. I was thinking something the other day. While I firmly believe in every American's Second Amendment right to own an operate a musket, I do think there are limitations to every Constitutional right. Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom to slander. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that if every member of BLM applied for an open carry gun license, the NRA, gun lobbyists and Congress would swiftly limit Second Amendment freedoms. Be honest. Y'all know it's true!

It's bizarre that so many conservatives want to legislate morality and so many other things, but responsible gun ownership is not on the table because "criminals don't follow laws". Um...bank robbers don't either, but we have strict laws against bank robberies. I mean, that's such a flimsy excuse. The truth is that the NRA no longer represents its membership, the Second Amendment or the American people. They represent manufacturers and their only concern is selling more units of their product. Hey, that's the American way, but having lobbyists control legislation and the conversation is just plain not.

George H. W. Bush canceled his membership to the organization decades ago. It's hypocritical how the gun-loving conservative pundits have much to say about how a few fringe people from BLM talk violent smack about police officers, but LaPierre of the NRA refers to American law enforcement as jackbooted thugs and gets a free pass. He still has a job! That's amazing to me.

My point of view isn't swayed by what is the progressive norm or what they officially put on the DNC platform. For me, it's always been about American citizens, particularly the most oppressed, and what is right. Gun owners aren't being oppressed. That's not something real that's happening in this country. It's all about money. It always was. Here's a little snippet from Bush 41 that might open some eyes. I didn't always agree with the man, but I did support him in my first eligible election. Even though Bill Clinton did a lot of wonderful things as President, I could never get past his behavior, abuse of his power and how that impacted so many young women. Therefore, I could never support him at the ballot box. I think that shows a bit of integrity. I do not believe the ends justify the means as so many supporters of the current administration do. Anyway, here it is...

Last edited:

Censored

Reaction score
Of course the Nazi flag symbolizes a group of people heading some of the largest mass murders in history, but it's also a historically important object. What the Confederate and Nazi flags should be used for is as reminders to humanity not to go back to those times.
And not be glorified.

Censored

Reaction score
I'm just gonna be honest,

I have a confederate flag of my own. No, I am not a white supremacist, I hate everyone equally. Yes, I am against racism, and I'm aware that the flag has been used for racist stuff. I like the design and like some people support it for southern pride.

If you don't like it and see it differently then to each their own.
Tom Petty was never a white supremacist either, on the contrary, he was very liberal and progressive, but he owned and displayed confederate flags, not out of hate, but because of southern pride. Then, he realized that you really can't separate the history of hate and slavery from the confederate flag and he renounced it, said he regretted using them, and never used them again. In other words, he grew with the times and I respect him for it. That was my original point.

Censored

Reaction score
Dude, saaaaaaame.

And if we're being honest, I personally like the way swastikas look. I'm sorry, they're just cool. And they have a bunch of different meanings, too. In fact, swastikas are some of the most interesting symbols to learn about. If only the Nazis hadn't screwed everything up.

Just like how inverted crosses and pentagrams used to be symbols of Christianity and then some nitwits decided they weren't. But then again, two more things I can tick people off with.
I can tell you right now, there are much nicer things to look at than swastikas.