And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess she wants her son to have the right to create a life he knows he can't support, and then pay for his girlfriend's abortion...How uplifting...We can't have some evil girl ruining her brilliant son's life after all. Way to plan for success, Mom!
Sounds like she has loads of faith in her son :stick_out_tongue:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some of these complainers have been following the show since the 70s too. They're convinced the show has suddenly changed. I think it's more that they have changed themselves.
Why is being gay or autistic somehow worse than being dead in some people's minds?!? :rolleyes:
Very much like how right now, there are some people out there who are complaining that SST has become "too left" and "too politically correct," and some are even fearing that now that the show has an autistic Muppet that this will open the door to introducing LGBT Muppets in the future, and then the show will utterly be doomed.

First of all, SST has always been considered "left." It was conceived in the late 60s, during the time of peacenik hippies and flower children, and it was very much a product of that time: people like Joan Ganz Cooney and Jon Stone had a progressive, forward-thinking, and somewhat subversive mindset when creating the show, and even since day one in 1969, one of the biggest aspects of the show was diversity. Of the original cast of four regular humans on the show, only one of them was just an average white guy, because two of them were a middle class black couple - the husband being a teacher, and the wife not only eventually becoming a nurse but being good with mechanics and fixing cars - and the other was an old Jew.

But again, right now, suddenly these complainers now see inclusion and diversity as "Social Justice Warriors progressiveness," which is apparently a bad thing, because to them, this is essentially what keeps problems like racism and sexism alive by acknowledging they exist; like Jamie has said time and time again, in their minds, turning a blind eye to these problems somehow indicates that the problems no longer exist.

Yup, Darrell Hammond, I wish they'd give it back to him now.
Frank Caliendo from MADtv was a pretty good Trump as well:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I...just don't see how she's "brilliant." I mean, I agree that conservatives often suffer from "intellectual envy." And I don't think she's stupid or anything, but I don't see exceptionalism in her, or why in the world she was the most qualified person for the job. Heck, they thought she was the ONLY person qualified for the job. Really??? :confused: Plus I just don't like how underhanded she is, just like her husband.

I really think there's a chance Bernie could have beaten Trump. Two Independents going at it, it could have been glorious! But the Democrats wanted to keep it in the clique. And they thought Hillary would get points for being a pioneer, the same as Obama did. But like Chappelle said on SNL, it's not really the same thing. :wink:

I've been talking to Trump supporters on social media lately. They actually don't talk much about Trump. They talk about why they hate the Democrats and why they don't trust the government in general (both parties). They're hoping Trump will tear it all down because it's just too corrupt to live. That is what really needs to be rectified, or else they'll just vote for some other version of Trump next time.
I like Bernie a lot too, but the huge streak of antisemitism that's not apparent would definitely have prevented his win. It's sad and makes me sick, but that's the world we live in. As for Hillary being brilliant, she was very much the woman behind the man. It's been said in many circles that the things people hate about the Clintons are usually from Bill and many of the political accomplishments were very much hers, but he's the one with charisma so he gets the praise and success and she gets the hatred. The biggest group to turn on Hillary was actually women. That was weird. However, even if she won, I felt she's be a one-term president. I still think she could have gotten more done than Bernie. The Clintons strength is also their weakness - they know how and when to compromise. I also think that if she, not Kerry, had run in 2004, Bush would have lost to her. That was her window, not four years later and not last November.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got another email from AARP today, and like Trump threatened, the GOP are reworking their healthcare plan again, but here's how they're trying to sweeten the deal to smooth people over this time: not only are they still trying raise the premium rates for senior citizens by thousands of dollars and still trying to cut Medicaid (or try to turn it into a voucher system), but now they're trying give insurance and medical companies the right to completely deny coverage altogether to people with pre-existing conditions.

It amazes me that the GOP is so blinded by its own selfishness, greed, and insensitivity that the sheer opposition of their healthcare plan does not compute with them.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Very much like how right now, there are some people out there who are complaining that SST has become "too left" and "too politically correct," and some are even fearing that now that the show has an autistic Muppet that this will open the door to introducing LGBT Muppets in the future, and then the show will utterly be doomed.

First of all, SST has always been considered "left." It was conceived in the late 60s, during the time of peacenik hippies and flower children, and it was very much a product of that time: people like Joan Ganz Cooney and Jon Stone had a progressive, forward-thinking, and somewhat subversive mindset when creating the show, and even since day one in 1969, one of the biggest aspects of the show was diversity. Of the original cast of four regular humans on the show, only one of them was just an average white guy, because two of them were a middle class black couple - the husband being a teacher, and the wife not only eventually becoming a nurse but being good with mechanics and fixing cars - and the other was an old Jew.

But again, right now, suddenly these complainers now see inclusion and diversity as "Social Justice Warriors progressiveness," which is apparently a bad thing, because to them, this is essentially what keeps problems like racism and sexism alive by acknowledging they exist; like Jamie has said time and time again, in their minds, turning a blind eye to these problems somehow indicates that the problems no longer exist.

Frank Caliendo from MADtv was a pretty good Trump as well:
That skit never fails to give me a chuckle. The people who play Ernie & Bert do a pretty good impersonation of them and they even sound like the real voices as well!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
For those of you watching how things are going in Washington...
if you ever have two hours to spare, sit down and watch The Marx Brothers classic movie "Duck Soup". Life imitating art

Groucho Marx as the newly-elected leader of Freedonia:

"The last guy here who ran this place, he didn't know what to do with it.
You think this country's bad off now, just wait til I get through with it!"

Put this film on your Bucket List.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Thanks to Dictator Drumpf killing internet privacy, I now cannot log into much of anything without a security prompt. Gmail locked me out of my account until I agreed to have Google text me a verification code, Facebook locked me out until I identified photos of specific friends, and just logging into another account online locked me out because of "unusual activity."
Set up a VPN and install Ghostery now.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Set up a VPN and install Ghostery now.
That wouldn't be a bad idea.

But Dsnowth's problem has absolutely nothing to do with the relaxing of internet privacy rules proposed by the Republicans. In essence, nothing will change from what it is now. It simply kills a measure proposed by President Obama, before it ever went in to effect. Companies collect data on your browsing habits now. Ho do you suppose they target you with certain ads depending on your browsing habits? It all has to do with collecting and mining data based on browsing habits in order to target demographic groups with relevant ads. Those viewing websites on home improvement will be targeted with more specific ads from Home Depot or Lowes. Those viewing websites on sports will be targeted with ads from sports merchandisers or ticket brokers. Etc., etc. It's very similar to how phone companies use your GPS in your cellphone to target pop up ads for stores nearby. Companies collect this data and sell or share it all the time. The only way to get privacy in today's world is to go off the grid. It's the world we live in. Nobody should freak out about it. They will not be able to steal your passwords or usernames as some would lead you to believe.

Here's a paragraph describing the recommended add-on Ghostery from their website:

"What are Trackers?
We live in a connected world. When you browse the web, your data leaves a digital footprint that is connected by tracking technologies that help companies build a profile about you. By serving you targeted advertisements, companies can analyze ad and site performance and connect you to site functionality like comments and social media. This profile details how you interact with their sites and those of their competitors, allowing them to optimize communications and site experience to reach you - and others like you - at the right place, at the right time."

If Dsnowth is having problems logging in to certain websites it isn't because of the change. He should probably change his passwords as these websites detected suspicious activity and took preventive measures. Maybe he logged in from a different computer than he normally uses. Maybe he logged in to these websites using an unsecured wifi at a local bookstore or coffee house. It could be any number of things. But not the proposed new web security rules. For crying out loud, can we at least narrow our criticism of President Trump to real things. What's next? Dsnowth's toaster doesn't work because of President Trump?