And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And what's amusing too is whenever he bans the media from something he's doing, he attacks them for not covering it. Come on Trumpy, you can't have it both ways.
Deep down I want to believe both Trump and the Media are being honest. We know though that one if them is telling to truth and one is lieing though.
Sadly, I think it's Trump. I think he is slowly thinking "I'm President I can do whatever I want try and stop me!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, he does have "immunity," as we know; he said so himself. :wink:

cjd874

Reaction score
It's being reported that when the Russians were visiting Trump in the Oval Office last week that he shared some of our classified, top-secret information with, including information on ISIS and such.

But . . . Trump banned the American media from attending/covering the meeting, so how would they know this? And Trump isn't a bright fellow anyway, but surely he's not that stupid that he would just openly share such information with the representatives of a country whose relationship with America has historically been sketchy.
Here's how I see it: Trump has no faith in or respect for the American press. However, he has enough respect and faith in the Russian press that he shared this top-secret information with THEM. So there must be some shifty dealings behind the scenes that we don't know about yet, but one day that can of worms is going to be opened and the entire GOP is going to have **** to pay.

Look at that speech Trump gave at Liberty University: he said that nothing is more pathetic than being a critic. But isn't that what he's done for his ENTIRE campaign and tenure in Washington so far? He has criticized---no, he has attacked Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, and anyone who dared to disagree with him. That is just not how you treat other people, even if you don't agree with their beliefs. I really think he's probably going to get impeached or resign, saying "I had no idea it was going to be this hard." WELL NO S***, SHERLOCK. Being the President is NOT for the faint-hearted or the politically inexperienced.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Look at that speech Trump gave at Liberty University: he said that nothing is more pathetic than being a critic.
Frankly, I was more incensed at his remark, "Never quit. You never quit. If there's one thing tell you to hold in your hearts, it's this: never, ever give up."

This is coming from a man who's never known what it's like to struggle to achieve any kind of goal, dream, or aspiration in life, and I've had no other choice but to give up: nearly a decade of trying to build myself, my creativity, my art, my work into something has gotten me nowhere. Sure, YouTube was a great tool up until Google took over, now there's almost no point in putting anymore time, work, or effort into something and share it, because the higher-ups will just sweep it under the rug anyway, no matter how you try to work around that - not to mention in the grand scheme of things, as much as I want to branch out into the television landscape, there's no room for creativity there anymore either since it's all about the profits, revenues, and numbers for the networks. What else can I do? Even Marty Krofft - a man much wiser than Trump - has always said, "If you give up on Tuesday, there is no Wednesday." But he and Sid actually worked for their achievements in life, and unlike Trump, they managed to avoid going bankrupt when it wasn't easy for a pair of indepedent producers/puppeteers like them; but they had the luxury of working during a time where networks and executives actually gave creative freedom to the people doing their own shows.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well @D'Snowth , my advice to you is: "Never quit. You never quit. If there's one thing tell you to hold in your hearts, it's this: never, ever give up."

OK, so maybe he's had rather an easy life, but I feel the quote is still a legitimate piece of advice. Maybe given by the wrong person, but still a good quote.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's kind of the point I was making: he's the last person who needs to give out advice like that - and again, it also kind of goes back to a point I've made before about why conservative politicians, in general, are just so out of touch with the middle and lower class in America, because so many of them have had wealth and privilege all their lives, they really don't know what it's like to go through periods without electricity, or go to food pantries or soup kitchens for meals, or juggling multiple jobs to make ends meet . . . they have no clue. In fact, a lot of them just don't care, plain and simple. They take a glimpse at the middle and lower class and are like, "Bah, these people are just lazy and want free stuff."

And like I said, the advice is more meaningful coming from somebody like Marty Krofft, considering he and his brother Sid slaved away on expensive shows with shoestring budgets, and fought to stay financially afloat (even dipping into their personal pockets) and maintain their independence without going bankrupt or having to sell out to a bigger media conglomerate like Jim was eventually doing before he died. Somebody like Trump? Or Kanye? Or any of the Krapdashians? Or Paris Hilton? Nope.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
To be fair, Kanye might have the biggest ego on the planet, but he actually set goals and achieved them, and I think he's to be admired in that regard.

The others... not so much.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That's kind of the point I was making: he's the last person who needs to give out advice like that - and again, it also kind of goes back to a point I've made before about why conservative politicians, in general, are just so out of touch with the middle and lower class in America, because so many of them have had wealth and privilege all their lives, they really don't know what it's like to go through periods without electricity, or go to food pantries or soup kitchens for meals, or juggling multiple jobs to make ends meet . . . they have no clue. In fact, a lot of them just don't care, plain and simple. They take a glimpse at the middle and lower class and are like, "Bah, these people are just lazy and want free stuff."
:news:

And Democratic or liberal politicians are more in touch with the middle and lower class???

So many of ALL politicians have had privilege and wealth all their lives. None of them know what it's like to go without electricity or worry about where their next meal is going to come from.

I looked up the net worth of politicians.

In the Senate the average net worth of Democratic Senators is $13,566,333 compared to the average net worth of Republican Senators of $6,956,438. So the net worth of Democratic Senators is almost doubled that of Republican Senators.

In Congress Republicans have an average net worth of $7,614,097 compared to Democrats $5,700,168.

The net worth of politicians in general has been on the rise. Only the wealthy have the means to get elected to office, no matter what the party affiliation. It would be a safe bet that almost all politicians from either party know what it is like to struggle and live paycheck to paycheck.

So I just don't buy the class warfare that the Democrats are constantly trying to sell. It doesn't exist.