And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

cjd874

Reaction score
As someone who's going into teaching, I am completely befuddled by Betsy DeVos. I don't think she really gets education at all. This latest controversy really grinds my gears (to use Peter Griffin's line from that Family Guy meme). This is my problem with the people in this administration: they talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/...iving-funds-to-schools-that-discriminate.html

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright, you guys enlighten and explain to me how Brexit somehow causes America to lose jobs, because I don't see the logic behind it whatsoever. Unless it was Trump making a "joke" again, which he seems to be pretty bad at (I say because it always has to be explained when he's joking).

But that aside, take a look at this:

The comments are interesting: while people from both parties are comment in this, the one thing that seems to be agreed with (for the most part, some are using it as a platform to argue) is that this guy's actions were uncalled for, unnecessary, and anyone looking to hold a public office should not have resorted to such violent behavior. I even see some comments from self-identifying Republicans and conservatives saying this man, in no way, represents what their party stands for, that he's making himself as an example of how liberals perceive Trump (I don't know about that), and that Republicans do not condone violence whatsoever . . . and I'll give them that - with some exceptions, such as Trump encouraging them to attack protesters, I don't see a lot of violence coming from the Republican party very much.

But somebody also riddle me this, because all kidding aside, I'm seriously actually starting to get more and more concerned and worried about this: why is the right so brainwashed into believing that every single freakin' news and media outlet in America - aside from Fox and Breitbart (the latter of which has been exposed for being propagating falsified reports) - is "fake news"? Do they really, truly believe that any and every source that reports something they don't agree with or like to hear is automatically "fake news"? Is that really it? Because otherwise, I don't see how all but two sources of news are somehow making some kind of a pact or blood oath to do all they can to spread as many lies and make the leader of our country - regardless of who is it - as bad as the right claims they do. Seems to me that would go against journalistic standards and protocol. And again, there's the recent example of the media reporting Trump sharing intel with Russia: the GOP denied it and accused the media of lying and reporting false news . . . then Trump himself immediately Tweeted afterwards, admitting and confessing that he did, indeed, share intel with Russia, saying he was within his rights to do so. Who are the liars in this case? Then there's this whole thing about party bias . . . well, it seems to me that much of the media on both sides were pretty upset when Obama said he would welcome Syrian refugees into the country as they fled the violence in their country, because he said this is what America is all about, yet much of the media said this would just the perfect guise for terrorists to slip into the country, so I wouldn't say there was a whole lot of bias there when you've got both sides chatising Obama for this; just like when certain Fox anchors were actually chastising Trump for being rude and unpresidential towards certain reporters and journalists who were doing nothing more than their jobs - there's no bias there (but there is when certain Trump supporters call for the firing and termination for said Fox anchors for "disrespecting Trump" for calling him out on his temper tantrums), and this is coming from the same outlet that was nothing but Barack Obama Sux for eight years.

As I said, I really don't follow any specific news or media outlet for anything - all I do is take a lesson from Super Grover 2.0 and use my own powers of observation to see what's going on in the world around me, and again, from my observation this is what I see: almost every news and media outlet out there reports the same, if not very identical things . . . then there's two outlets that report the exact opposite of everybody else . . . and from my powers of observation of what's going on in this country day after day, week after week, month after month, I see more accuracy in what's being reported by everybody else than what's being reported by the other two who say otherwise.

So again, this really begs the question: are the people among the right who constantly accuse everybody except for Fox and Breitbart of fake news and lies only doing so simply because they don't like or agree with what they hear? Or, do they really, truly, with all of their heart and soul, actually believe that what's being reported by everybody but Fox and Breitbart is fake and manipulated? Because if it's the latter, that seems extremely scary, because that seems so much like they're basically just brainwashed. Then again, I'm sure others would argue the exact opposite and say it's the otherway around, that people like me are brainwashed into believing that everything reported by Fox or Breitbart is fake and manipulated news (though again, Breitbart has been exposed for doing this), but again, I listen to CNN about as much as I listen to Fox, which is seldom, and same goes other sources, whether it's national news outlets like ABC, CBS, NBC, or others like Huffington Post, Washington Post, Time, New York Times, L.A. Times, Daily Mail, Reuters, BuzzFeed (which, again, is honestly more satirical news than anything, I can't believe people aren't figuring this out), or any others. I just use my powers of observation like Super Grover 2.0 taught me.

Last edited by a moderator:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal is one of my favorite films. The title of the new Netflix series appears to be a rather clear nod to the current climate in the world. They could have called it anything. It could have been about anything. This title and concept is entirely new. I couldn't be any more proud to be a Henson fan. And that's all I will say. :coy: :jim: :scary:

I didn't know this existed!! THANK YOU!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://accmag.com/native-americans-call-for-ban-on-christians-entering-the-united-states/

As someone who's part Native American (Cherokee), part of me feels they should have every right to call for this ban - haven't we (white people) done enough to these people throughout history? I love the Chief's comments about tolerating two world wars, dozens of STAR WARS sequels and prequels, Adam Sandler, and McDonald's. And really, they do have a point: we need to sheer the country of the hateful, bigoted, racist, sexist, prejudicial, and hypocritical Christians - they're the real problem with the country.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
http://accmag.com/native-americans-call-for-ban-on-christians-entering-the-united-states/

As someone who's part Native American (Cherokee), part of me feels they should have every right to call for this ban - haven't we (white people) done enough to these people throughout history? I love the Chief's comments about tolerating two world wars, dozens of STAR WARS sequels and prequels, Adam Sandler, and McDonald's. And really, they do have a point: we need to sheer the country of the hateful, bigoted, racist, sexist, prejudicial, and hypocritical Christians - they're the real problem with the country.
And I feel they have every right to kick every non-Native American out of the country. I mean, seriously, we just came in and kicked them out, time they gave it to us.

Hey, it'll give me a good chance to move to Scotland too!

gravy

Reaction score
And I feel they have every right to kick every non-Native American out of the country. I mean, seriously, we just came in and kicked them out, time they gave it to us.

Hey, it'll give me a good chance to move to Scotland too!
What about the immigrants? They didn't kick anyone out.